SimWorks Studios and PILOT'S Dash 7!

From the SWS Facebook page:

And from the PILOT’S FB page:

Attached screenshot is from the SWS posting. There are more on each for anyone with FB.

15 Likes

A very interesting aircraft, the Dash-8’s bigger brother!!

And older brother! If this thing has the option of not having an FMC (I’ve seen both with and without online), I’m in on day one especially if there’s a cargo variant!

3 Likes

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! How about an Air Wisconsin livery!!?

3 Likes

6 Likes

After purchasing their Kodiak today I will be supporting any other project they put out. Cannot wait to get this one!

3 Likes

The Dash-7 is a pretty robust STOL aircraft, looking forward to this one too!

1 Like

The Dash 7 has been a favourite of mine since I watched one spool up and take off back in the 80s. The sound of those four turboprops at high RPM was intoxicating. Sadly, the 7 had an appetite for fuel that made it less profitable than other newer aircraft.

2 Likes

Hawaiian Air flew ‘em. I live in Hawai’i. Therefore, I must get the DHC-7. :slight_smile:

great, another historic aircraft. there are only 17 of these flying on the planet. Please, please why not the 8-400 for crying out loud. if you cant swing that, maybe the 200 - give us something that is actually in commercial operation.

7 Likes

Personally I am far more interested in historic aircraft than the current generation of tubeliners… they have a more interesting story to tell. Plus, where do you think the Q400 came from? Doesn’t that spark any interest in you?

8 Likes

I love the look of the old Dash-7, it looks so powerful with it’s 4 engines. I remember there was a good freeware one for FS9 which I used to fly around a lot back in the day.

2 Likes

Yup, I loved that FS9 Dash-7, so have been looking forward to one for MSFS. So many great Canadian regional and feeder liveries for it as well, will be a great addition to the sim!

3 Likes

Lol. And I’m of the opinion that… why the heck do we need another 737 NG or 800 or whatever they are now. Some of us like the older aircraft. I would LOVE to see a DHC-8-103 or -200. Couldn’t care less about the Q400.

8 Likes

To each their own, I suppose.

Personally I say bring on the Caravelle’s, Comet’s, 747SP’s, Tristar’s, Trident’s, BAC1-11’s and Dassault Mercure’s from yesteryear. The more the merrier.

I couldn’t care less about being another one of the many 737MAX in the skies, parking at a gate in between so many identical aircraft.

9 Likes

How about a Blomm & Voss !!!
With its cockpit in the wing
Perfect for VFR site seeing lol

1 Like

Hi
Here’s a welcome product addition in the absence of Dash 8 versions. Teaming up to produce a DHC7 should be an exciting one for several simmers.

3 Likes

logic is perfect!

1 Like

hopefully Majestic will fill this gap…400, 300, then hopefully 200

1 Like

They have said in their forum that the 400 is coming