What would you guys like to see in the top gun DLC?

A working simulator for starters

2 Likes

I never tried multiplayer since release, but I assume itā€™s the same as FSX where if a user doesnā€™t own the specific 3rd party addon aircraft they will see a generic?

1 Like

True lol, I hope there could be some type of other fighter jet as well maybe like a f14.Although I do understand that too many fighter jets are bad for the sim in general considering it is a civilian aviation simulator. Most Xbox players in general like fighter jets and ā€œshootingā€ mostly because they get tired or bored of flying around in a Cessna all day. I mostly think this comes from not having true fighter jet simulators like dcs on the Xbox platform and i think as soon as something like that comes available a large amount of the people from Xbox community will leave the flight simulator. coming from a xbox player this is true because i get invites all day asking to ā€œdogfightā€ them in the f18 and it is quite annoying. The only reason why i switched to xbox is because i think you can get the same experience for 500 on xbox than you can for pc spending upwards of 1000, but not to drag the thread off topic in anyway, i do think the top gun dlc will be extremely successful especially in the xbox community

Yes that is true, but everyone has the f18 from the goty update

Fair enough.

1 Like

Carrier Ops, Without turning off crash detection, please
Moving carrier
Crash detection ON.

1 Like

A usable Super Hornet, i.e. one with external fuel tanks.

1 Like

I would love to see combat simulation. I fired up DCS the other day and I canā€™t go back. The graphics in MSFS, even in VR, are just too good. Thereā€™s no immersion in any other flight sim IMHO. I would love to MSFS be an all encompassing simulation with full combat effects.

1 Like

Agreed it is really hard to fly around now because I cant even make it 6 minutes without fuel. Only if you can preserve fuel well

Tip: I would suggest not keep it in afterburn the whole time

1 Like

I would like to have AT LEAST the same carrier quality we had 12 years ago with Javier Fernandez aircraft carrier pack for FSX. It had a wonderfully animated deck, complete with realistic sounds and flight boss announcements, a working elevator and several configurations to choose from. Plus, you could spawn it anywhere in the world!

1 Like

I donā€™t even use the afterburner. Even in real life, you do not se a Super Hornet without external fuel tanks outside of an airshow performance. Itā€™s range is just too small for proper use, especially in a game where ferry flights is the only thing you can properly simulate.

1 Like

Although it does seem from the trailer it will have a elevator, meatball and a elevator so i think it will be pretty good as far as the carrier goes. I just hope they add further improvement to the f18

Ive done plenty of flights to Miramar to Edwards and back without running out of fuel i think the key is flying high , but i do agree that fuel tanks are a must

1 Like

Hopefully weā€™ll get ICLS and ACLS to support poor weather recoveries. Not holding my breath for full on Case 3 ATC support lol.

1 Like

What is case 3 atc support?

One more question since it seems you have extensive knowledge on the f18.
Do you know why they did not make the BIT page work on the ddi? It seems like it is a important part of the startup procedure, am i correct?

I think what weā€™re going to get is - static carrier and catapult and wire functionality.

And thatā€™s about it.

Theyā€™d have to make changes to how the sim treats simobjects, they canā€™t have landable surfaces at present, and thereā€™s no sign of that.

And to be properly realistic the carrier would have to react in the water to weather. Also no sign of that. And why put in all that work just for that?

Iā€™m hoping to be surprised but ainā€™t expecting anything beyond that.

I assume the code for the FSX carrier is buried in there somewhere. Iā€™m not sure why it hasnā€™t been revived.

1 Like

I really donā€™t think that this is going to happen or at least I hope. Iā€™m not sure if you have seen the trailer at all but it appears to have a working elevator as well as real shooters on the carrier deck, also a LSO and a meatball. Donā€™t forget the carrier is moving in the trailer as well.

I checked the trailer carefully and couldnā€™t see any evidence of movement.

And SU9 has made it impossible to go underneath solid surfaces, you now get bounced over the top, so I donā€™t see how an elevator or interior hangar can work unless the ship is broken up into different sections.

Like I said I hope it has everything. But if it did that functionality would likely already be available as it requires changes as to how the core sim works.

A properly functioning carrier is going to need many changes and a lot more precision in how the existing stuff works.

Fingers crossed all the same. Maybe they will deliver all that stuff. It would be a bit cheesy if they didnā€™t.

1 Like

Itā€™s effectively IFR for carrier landings, it handles assigning inbound traffic to holding patterns, then providing sequencing and spacing for approaches and landing.

As far as the BIT page goes, I imagine it comes down to justifying the time investment. The bulk of the BIT page is for System/Sensors for combat that also arenā€™t implemented. For the systems we do have, it would be used for diagnosing failures well beyond the scope of the current failures system. So basically, not worth the programmer hours to work on.

1 Like

It does appear that when i looked at the trialer that there were waves hitting the carrier when it was moving but we all donā€™t know, we will have to wait for the new maverick trialer that jorg said they just finished and is coming soon