What would you guys like to see in the top gun DLC?

What about radar??
all of these things including the BIT page were in fsx acceleration. I don’t understand why they haven’t implemented this but, hopefully the f18 we have right now is just a appetizer for what’s to come hopefully

A kind but firm reminder: Discussion of Combat or Violence related themes is not compliant with the Code of Conduct. MS Flight Simulator is rated E for Everyone/PEGI-3 and thus precludes such content to begin with. Please adjust your expectations/conjecture regarding the upcoming DLC accordingly.

1 Like

When were we talking about violonce??
Not trying to start a argument but i dont think we have, if we did can you pls let me know
thx

I think they’re simply catching up on posts earlier in the thread.

As far as “missing” features compared to the FSX F-18, I’ll have to refresh my memory later, but I beleive the Radar was just a glorified TCAS and the BIT page was just a static bitmap. I don’t see that happening here as Asobo does seem to be striving to make the DDI pages as accurate as possible.

1 Like

ok thanks buddy

Id like to see a updated trailer that they said in the last Dev Q&A thats ready…Even the movie has a updated trailer

1 Like

Yes i would agree because the dlc has been more of a hush hush for know. They said that they would let us know more in the future and we still don’t know anything except for a small statement by them that said “you will be able to experience first hand what it is like to be a real us navy top gun”

My best guess is updated Trailer with the weekly update May 19th, and then the DLC dropping the following Tuesday.

2 Likes

Yeah thats my guess also

1 Like

I’m not sure about if they are trying to make it accurate because from what i could remember the fcs page has a little option called BLIN codes which i think is used to check something with the aircraft kind of like BIT but a lot more simple. I think the BLIN codes serve no function since there are no damage modeling from my knowledge in the simulator, i think if there was damage models they would make the fcs reset button work, but all of this might be added with the top gun update. i guess we will have to wait and find out i guess

tbh i think that trialer is coming the 12. i think it is because one that is the weekly update and also people that have watched the movie are not aloud to talk about it until the 12th so i think that seems quite odd unless Microsoft want to release it the same day people are aloud to talk about the movie.

I agree. That is why I said “Stock” fighter jet. I meant the one and only fighter jet that comes with MSFS.
To date, I have never seen one other than the one I was flying. Maybe I have a bug or something set incorrectly.

1 Like

Who knows…All im saying is tho will be nice to see a trailer (Updated) as the movie itself has had a few over the last couple of years lol

BTW, Im a massive Top Gun fan…Hope what ever this is lives up to it in a way

1 Like

Same bro, i hope they dont fumble the bag like they did reno air races.

I think id rather pay 30 dollars for a really good dlc than one thats not that good that is for free but i guess well just have to wait and find out

1 Like

I agree with you, Id rather pay for this DLC if its really good than being something like the Anikin Skywalker pod racing game back in the day :slight_smile:

1 Like

ha lol. Ur right

1 Like

dont need Asobo to try a make flyable F-14. i have two great ones from dcdesigns

1 Like

So why post here then if your into DCS ??

1 Like

I don’t think so really,
1.Flight model extremely unrealistic
2.buttons are not in correct place
3.taking flight instrument out of a airbus seams quite upsetting

DC Designs, not DCS. The F-14 he refers to is an add-on for MSFS.

2 Likes