What's Going to be in the Next Update

So, what do you all speculate will be in the next update?

1 Like

25% fixes and 75% bugs.

44 Likes

Everything that says Sim Update 3. This is a sim update, where the focus is new/updated features to the functionality (as opposed to new scenery), and general bug fixes and improvements to existing issues/incomplete development. This sim is far from finished. And Iā€™m ok with that.

10 Likes

Prior to the latest two updates I would have rolled my eyes at that commentā€¦ sighā€¦

Has this hotfix actually been issued yet?

1 Like

My bet is it wonā€™t be. I have no idea why they committed to it when they have another release around the corner in a week or two (it was supposed to be this week). Hot fixes just cause so much disruption to the development process, because, unless it was something stupid, it stops the development process and you have to go through the release process twice. A release process for a product like this is no walk in the park.

What they really need to do is extend time between updates and fix their darn configuration management system.

Edit: Andā€¦ I was wrong! :smiley:

8 Likes

Yeah, their hotfix system leaves a lot to be desired. The couple of times theyā€™ve issued them, plus the AIRAC cycle updates havenā€™t been the smoothest of updates. Each time, it forced me to re-download the last update in its entirity, as it did with many people.

With the blazing 15 Mbit speed Iā€™m downloading my MSFS at these days, all updates are worrisome to me now.

1 Like

Fix the bugs that were introduced by the last update and introduce new features with new bugs to be fixed in the next update. And the loop continues :joy:

12 Likes

So the 10 degree bug related to certain peripheral buttons isnā€™t in Sim Update 3? I thought that was included previously.

1 Like

You know sometimes I believe the sun is shining without the need to look out of the window. Positivity :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It was. Now it isnā€™t any more.

6 Likes

Cant wait to see their ā€œimprovementā€ of the G3000/G1000 vs what we have now with Working Title

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking in the run-up to the UK update. Surely it would go off without a hitch after they learned from the previous ones, right? I guess I was mistakenā€¦

6 Likes

I would be surprised to see them going beyond just fixing the horrible bugs theyā€™ve been piling into them since September. And judging by how their past tinkering with the Garmins went, Iā€™m worried.

EDIT: There was talk some time ago about them adding Garmin controls to key binds - something thatā€™s sorely missing now. Perhaps theyā€™ll do that and even enable the commands that are currently in the SDK, but donā€™t work.

6 Likes

I just hope theyā€™ll fix the bug where the game crash if you change your Origin/destination in your Flight plan, because iirc Working Title Said they cant fix that on their end

I look at it this way- weā€™re flying with the mistakes they made 2 weeks ago. Crazy glows and halos around planes and objects, taxiway light infestations and flap problems (a workaround was provided, but stillā€¦). So, something breaks, weā€™re stuck with it for a while.

So, weā€™ll get some things fixed but end up dealing with immersion-killing issues for weeks after that. Every update I cringe.

I look forward to the updates that fix what broke in previous ones.

7 Likes

Well, the next update on March 11th said Contrails would be coming. That will look good again at least.

1 Like

I think it was just same as the COVID vaccine .

The main thing I want is Progress Forward, not the substandard ā€˜One Step Forward Two Steps Backā€™ that has plagued the Sim every single Update.

As much as Iā€™m aware and happy that this Sim is in Constant Development, it was not released as an ā€œEarly Access/Betaā€ title so it pains me every time a patch is released it breaks something somewhere with no signs of Hot Fixes (still waiting for the flapsā€¦). This is not how a Constantly Developing Title is supposed to progress forward, you simply donā€™t break things that worked perfectly fine previously and if you did you Hot Fix ASAP not wait for the next Update weeks/months later.

Itā€™s time for Asobo to step up their game, a better Testing/QA Period is something that was blatantly needed prior to launch, they need to drop the ā€œRelease Datesā€ with updates and work to when they are ready not what the calender says and drop the whole ā€œVoting Systemā€ for bugs which is IMO horrendous but thatā€™s a whole other story!

So all in all I donā€™t mind whatā€™s in the update, I just want the update to be better and a sign that Asobo have got things under control as they move the Simulation forward for the years to come - Please learn from your mistakes.

11 Likes

We have already left behind the right time for a hotfix as a general update seems just around the corner in one week timeā€¦

1 Like

And touchdown effects would also be so niceā€¦

1 Like