What's Going to be in the Next Update

Unfortunately, based on past experiences, we can’t go on this snapshot. Several things were implemented in the last sim update that were never listed on the snapshot.

2 Likes

The devs may add a magnifier option for those having trouble reading the taxi signs, that hangs down on the windshield like a HUD upon request.

They should be brought back to real-life size in both frame and text on them.

Truly, I’m rather concerned about what this next sim update breaks than brings.

2 Likes

So, I don’t get your point? It’s very likely what’s on the snapshot will be in it.

Yay, we might get more! Is that a problem? “Can’t trust” is kind of a negative way of saying there might be more in it. I’ll bet there’s a 98% chance, ne, 100% chance there will be more than what’s listed.

Agreed, but that would have required a tedious manual edit of each individual sign model, meticulously readjusting each one. This would have taken a lot of time. Instead, they chose the quick and easy sledgehammer approach and just increased the size of all signs globally.

And things that were scheduled get pushed to a later update. The 10 degree bug with Honeycomb products is the most recent example of that.

5 Likes

My point is, they don’t communicate effectively what the changes will be until the update releases. The snapshot is rarely updated imo

5 Likes

And most of the changes they make in any release aren’t in the release notes at all.

4 Likes

It would even be nice if today’s update would download. Or… if I could run the program at yesterday’s level.

1 Like

I don’t so much care that the signs are the size of a 172, at least I can READ them now! There’s likely a better solution overall, but until that’s found, I’m fine with billboard sized taxi signs lol…

1 Like

The taxiway signs needs to be bigger.

Got it, the taxiway sign will be bigger.

I wonder how many issues have stemmed from a lost in translation scenario between English and French.

5 Likes

Why not offer a config option to increase the size of the taxi signs / or not?

That would make everybody happy.

Making them bigger has issues. I see a lot of signs now that are clipping through each other, basically rendering both signs useless. I was ok with the bigger signs at first. I could finally read them. But then as I went to different airports and saw the result of their resizing, it’s a terrible idea.

I would prefer they do it right and fix the signs properly vs half-assed solution like this.

3 Likes

In FSX, there was a config variable where you could set the size of the VASI lights… something similar is required here. I would turn them back to the original size if I could.

I suspect you may be right. And not only when it comes to the taxiway sign request, but other stuff as well.

That is an absolute disgrace of them to sneakily move the fixed in their words heading increment from 10 degrees to 1 for Honeycomb Bravo users from sim update three due out later this month to world update 4!

I am sorry but that is an absolute joke!!!

I would imagine they figured out that:

1. fixing it was harder than they thought
  2. Perhaps it requires a driver update from honeycomb, that honeycomb is not able to deliver until then.

I’m not sure why you think it was “sneaky”… the change is right there in black and white in the format that they announce all update related information.

We don’t know why it was delayed. Sorry you are disappointed.

2 Likes

It would be if it were true, but it isn’t.

Jummivana announced the move from SU3 to WU4 in another thread two weeks ago. And of course they only did it because testing revealed issues that could not be fixed and retested in time for SU 3. These things happen in software development and are in no way disgraceful.

1 Like

For a device which is fully endorsed and supported by Asobo which has now been out for six months then it is a complete disgrace.

Nothing you say will change that…

How about Honeycomb didn’t follow accepted standards in designing their buttons so now Asobo has to write an exception for functionality they didn’t know was there. Which, in the end is now screwing up Asobo’s code, which works with all other controllers, and whatever they have to change is probably screwing up how other controllers work with MSFS.

It’s not Asobo’s job to test Honeycomb equipment. This failure falls squarely on Honeycomb.

In Honeycomb’s defense, they made an electrical engineering decision to depart from accepted design practice for a reason, which I don’t know. And MSFS is only one game. But, in the end your anger should fall on Honeycomb for screwing up, not Asobo. No other controller has this issue.

But I get it, you’re the most important person in the world, and who cares about other users.

The misunderstanding of how product development works by so many people kills me.

I beg to differ and believe me, I know what it is developing applications!

This is a plain bug in FS2020 to get started with:

For more details and what could be done:

If you want to give this a chance for the next Q&A:
Live Dev Q&A: Guided Question - #14 by CptLucky8

(the 2nd item in this post is about the 10 increment bug)

2 Likes