What's in Update 6? (and when?)

On the developer roadmap blog, the next update listed on the list of bugs / wishes is Update 9. Anybody know what is coming up for the next update? And is it scheduled for this Tuesday, or has it not been scheduled yet?

Thanks

Nobody knows that, all of us have the same sources of information. All I can say for sure is this is not scheduled for Tuesday next week if that’s what you mean.

3 Likes

Statistically speaking, any fixes and improvements that they make on every update, will break 2 other things as well.

21 Likes

The roadmap says early November
whatever that means:

1 Like

Probably we’ll get a release date of Update 6 in today’s CT (5th november)

I expect it to be next week, update 6 should have some perfomance optimization.

Geez, performance improvement means deleting airliners.

8 Likes

Logic would suggest before the middle of November, which is the end of next week. So Tuesday is possible, but after the hotfix maybe this will be put back.

With so little scheduled (if anything, other than minor fixes) to be in Update 6, it will probably come soon but without much fanfare, so don’t get excited.

You must have the statistics on this then. I would be interested in seeing your (complete) figures for just one update to prove your point, so we can put this to Asobo.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I should’ve put “lol” in the end, to signify I was making a joke. I don’t have any complaints about the game, I’m enjoying it so far. And If I have some issues, I improvise, adapt, and overcome. Make changes to my flying style, and I get to enjoy it again.

12 Likes

In the Q&A they mentioned to have found a great performance improvement for those bottlenecked by the MainThread and said it would probably come with Update 6. So let’s wait and see how that turns out.

5 Likes

That’s OK, then, lol.

Like you, I’m enjoying the sim despite the “teething” problems. After all, if everything was fixed, we wouldn’t have anything to look forward to in the updates.

1 Like

I remember I saw on one of the documents (don’t remember where tho) a line ‘next update : 11 / 10’, however not sure if it’s going to be a veritable update or just an info update on what to come next.

That might translate into a series of graphics downgrades, hope it won’t happen.

3 Likes

I think they might be improving things like the metric units (the confusion on altitude between feet and metres), and i expect more AP improvements (maybe the roll bug) but just my speculation.

That would be nice

if we get another graphics downgrade i’ll lose it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

you know there’s an option that uses feet for altitude and kg for weights ?

1 Like

Come on guys, don’t you watch any of the streams LOL!

The performance fixes here are not tweaking the visual fidelity or refresh of the glass cockpit. The fixes are related to making the main thread more efficient and not as blocking as it was before, so yeah CPU threading improvements.

Better for CPU utilisation, better for AMD owners :slight_smile: and better for anybody who bought a 3090 :slight_smile: because Mr GPU will have less time to twiddle his thumbs. Of course if Mr GPU sucks then he’s going to struggle more with the increased workload

11 Likes

Just 2 issues, I’ll take that :slight_smile: wilth Star Citizen it’s 102

2 Likes

That’s good news, is there a link to the latest Q&A as I missed that, and wouldn’t mind giving it a watch, can’t see it on the homepage

Regards