What's next for the analog series?

I have all four as I’m sure many others do too. They are all simply brilliant. After flying them everything else seems unfinished and incomplete. I hardly fly anything else nowadays. So, do we think Black Square wizards will improve our simming even further with yet another masterpiece?
My fingers are crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to their video, probably it’s a TBM (there is a preview at the end of the video)

1 Like

I wonder if they could re do a Citation with the Black Square treatment? I would love it.

3 Likes

TBM would be awesome!

Last week here some one posted ," why would one want to fly analog.". Ha, i laughed , well it’s guys like me me who learnt to fly in the 60’s. To sum it up it’s a different generation of pilots .

4 Likes

Plus, glass panels are just so sterile. They are devoid of personality. Back in ‘09 I flew my favorite King Air B200 to a service center to have the (then new) G1000 upgrade. The old panel had a huge Sperry mechanical ADI which was a marvel in itself. A few weeks later I picked the airplane up and it was like her soul had been ripped out.

9 Likes

Ya i can see that Astro.

Things may differ in the US but in Australia the sort of aircraft the average person owns or hires is very likely to have minimal glass or none at all.

Many of the full glass GA aircraft in MSFS are in the real world celebrity/rich-man’s toys.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. I used to love flying this panel!

I’d love to see an analogue bizjet. Either an older Lear or Citation would be perfect. That would however mean Black Square would have to progress into external model development, or at least partner with another dev to create one.

4 Likes

Exactly. Glass cockpits are very rare. It’s easy to say “why would you want to fly analogue gauges if you can have glass”. Much more difficult to actually have this scenario IRL. Anyway, analogue gauges are much more satisfying for me - and it looks like for many others too.

1 Like

How are systems depth and flight model in the analog series aircraft? Also improved over the glass default versions?

Improvements are on another level. Just read and have a look at videos on JustFlight. They say it all.

I would like to see actual correct exterior models that go with the analog cockpits. In MSFS we’re experiencing this weird thing where we have modern planes with old cockpits, not really real world accurate and it’s sadly becoming a trend.

For me it’s all about the cockpit. Exterior is a nice to have but it doesn’t add to flight experience. Black Square analogue planes give you best functionality. I’d rather have that.

Also, old cockpits are not as old as many think. “steam gauges” are still very much in use. I’d dare to say more so than glass. Glass is a very expensive option. Basically, analogue cockpits are still well in use.

7 Likes

In terms of brand new aircraft, full glass cockpits in GA and sports aircraft have only been a common “thing” for maybe 10 or 15 years at most. Prior to 2005/2008ish they were rare and in the light sports category, brand new aircraft with partial steam gauge options are still pretty common even now in 2023.

1 Like

I don’t think the standard Baron has really changed externally since introduction, has it?

I like dials - I can just look at the shape they’re all in & spot something amiss without having to actually read everything.

1 Like

Additionally many steam cockpits are using modern steam type gauges, so they can fitted into older style cockpits when older gauges need replacing.

While not in their analog series, I’m excited for the Black Square Beech Starship. The analog TBM should be pretty neat too.

Garmin steam gauges looks epic

This leans more into a ‘Hybrid’-cockpit, rather than the analogue conversions Black Square have been doing, but I’d really like to see the ATR 42/72 represented with a ‘300’ or ‘400’ series model. Obviously there some other differences to consider cockpit-aside, but I don’t think it’s anything beyond BlackSquare’s capabilities.

As for the -600, I’m really not gelling with the Hans ATR representation at all. I find the screens often unreadable at a normal range and that spatial awareness is diminished when having to “zoom in” into them. I’m guessing this product is a better experience in VR?

Below is a '300 series cockpit:

3 Likes