What's with the altitude knob and the CRJ family of planes?

I fly the CRJ strictly in VR mode, and I also like to use ATC for flight instructions, so I need to change the altitude settings often during a flight. I’m hoping someone can tell me a really easy way to turn the altitude knob in the CRJ. I use the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, and as you may know, the altitude is the one knob that is not compatible. Also, is there any way to change the increments from 100 to 1000 feet? I have been permanently stuck on 100 feet, which makes adjustments all the more difficult. Please help if you can. This is the one thing that is keeping me from having really good experiences with the CRJ.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

I also fly the CRJ, also in VR only.

My interaction in the cockpit is with the mouse only (except for throttle, speed brake and flaps.

Once you hover the mouse pointer over the Alt knob, you can turn it with the mouse wheel. If you scroll fast, the units change from 100s to 1.000s.

I mapped increase and decrease alt to two buttons on my Cougar MFD using FSUIPC events. I found dialing in the altitude too slow and tedious in VR.

This was something that annoyed me a lot. Using the mouse was frustrating (it’s easy to slip and have the pointer not on the knob anymore) so I got Axis and Ohs and set up one of my button box rotary knobs to that (and then at least with Axis and Ohs I can finally map the G1000 dials and buttons to hardware buttons and knobs too…)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I would have to think that at least one of these will solve my problem. I look forward to flying the CRJ again soon.

I have exactly the same problem. I try to fly the CRJ with my Bravo but I can’t change the altitude. It’s really annoying. Still, I bought the latest 900/1000 version which said it was now compatible with Honeycomb, but that’s not true.

I contacted Honeycomb but they got really bad service. It does not return emails.

Is it Honeycomb? Is it Aerosoft? Is it MSFS? I don’t know but how can they sale something that is not working. ?? How can we send Perseverance to Mars and be unable to operate a single button on FS?

If you can find the solution, I would like to know.

1 Like

The exact same is true for me also! Hope that gets sorted out at some point!

anyone notice recent erratic cockpit knobs going haywire, mainly when clicking with L mouse button and trying to scroll to change values? Can’t seem to find anyone recently with this issue? For some reason, happens only when off the ground and not during taxing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.