Whats with the ground controllers?

Sometimes they are there, sometimes the aren’t. Sometimes the have one hand, sometimes both. Sometimes the have one stick, sometimes two. Sometimes they let you brake in time, sometimes the just keep waiving you in till you run through them.

But now this guy waives me in behind a pillar? You can just see a hand and a stick…

Come on, place those people in the right manor and in the right place… This was JFK by the way

It’s an LOD issue that came with SU5 changes. For some reason the stick is tied to a specific LOD when viewed from a certain distance, as you get close the sim renders the ground marshall with a different LOD, and for some reason that LOD is missing a stick.

Here’s hoping to have the LOD issue fixed in SU5 so that the ground marshall have their stick back.

P.S. If you want to get rid of the parking box and make the taxi ribbon looks more subtle, you can check out this mod I made, Subtle Taxi Ribbon » Microsoft Flight Simulator

With the amount of ground crew in MSFS being “KIA”, I would hide behind the pillars too :joy: