What's with the military aircraft invasion?

That’s not the way it came across to me.
But I don’t think they are a priority at all. They are there simply because they make other people money. And while Asobo didn’t include any military planes, there were several earlier MSFS versions that featured them.

That’s one of the problems, that people don’t search in the forum whether the topic has been discussed before. But there’s a reason why stuff is archived.

Those constantly repeating topics are sooooo tiresome. And it’s not just this topic. There’s so much stuff that’s being repeated over and over and over and over and over again. Sometimes I get the feeling people are just doing it to wind people up on purpose …

So sorry for being ■■■■■■ about it, but sometimes stuff like that really gets me. No hard feelings. :slight_smile:

no … there’s never enough … there’s also not enough alcohol …

2 Likes

All - Military aircraft are WAYYYYY harder to fly than any commercial plane period. That is why, it takes special training to be able to do it. I know, I was the student Control Officer in VT-24 when in USN. Many pilots got to advanced jet, only to wash out of jet aircraft. Flying the F-14, F-4, and other high performance jets is hard. Excellent eye/hand coordination, hearing, spatial orientation, eyesight, and other factors not metioned. So dont fly them, It’s way cool, to take the F-14, afterburner screemintg and climb up to ceiling height, pull throttles back to idle,and slowely float down to a landing location. You talk about scenery, you can see the curvature of the earth and things for miles and miles. Try your skills at recovering from a flat spin?
For me, althoug not in MSFS, I love to fly the C-17 in FSX, it just hates to be on the ground. It’s as large almost as 747, can haul tons of cargo, and land in places, no commerical jet would venture into. It’s got an extremely low stall speed, and a very high lift wing ratio. The only thing is no FMC’s work in FSX. There are possibly hundreds of cool military aircraft, I will never be able to fly except in a sim, can you even imiagine the Spitfire, P51 Mustang, and other birds, landing in some of the same places they were used during the war, talk about history, oh forgot, many people dont do history. Commercial aviation has a place, military aircraft have a place, many oppourtunities for each to his/her own. I do not fly DCS, I don’t fly military planes to drop bombs or shoot other planes, I fly them because they are the ultimate challenge for your flying skills, and if you think not sad for you.

17 Likes

Hint: DCS is not available on Xbox.

7 Likes

Although well made and relatively relevant to their real-world counterparts, in all civilian flight simulators I can remember, military aircraft have always been found to be “missing\lacking”.

Missing\Lacking of the weapons systems,and performances that can be found on flight simulators originally conceived as combative.

Even extremely valuable iterations such as the F-18 payware\VRS | F / A-18E Superbug from Vertical Reality(from the past), lacked “something” that other games \ simulators have been able to give, my advice is not to expect much from highly performing fighter planes on a civil simulator (especially a simulator that already has existential problems on a junkers52 and any future skins that could appear) but integrate (not replace) various games \ simulators according to your needs, we often look for the “definitive software” the reality is that it does not exist and will never exist, better to take what is good elsewhere and integrate with your passions, playing and enjoying the world of simulations to the full if that’s what really matters for those who think this way.

I don’t find there is anything wrong with saying that certain things will never happen in certain environments, things that already exist in a stable and well-established way in others.

1 Like

Ding ding ding. But I’m sure all these PC supremacists will say, “then get a pc” or “Xbox is what ruined OUR simulator”

It’s all BS. Somebody could start a thread saying “I don’t like the fact that so many people eat chocolate ice cream and like chocolate ice cream” and there would be 100 replies in the thread within the hour.

I guess it’s just human nature to want to vent their frustration on everyone else and hope that there are other people that are like minded and support their feelings.

Watch,

I think Airliners are silly in the flight simulator. All airliner simmers want to do is take off and put it in auto pilot the land and pat themselves on the back like they are real airliner pilots.

To the OP: It’s a video game! Get over it. Play how you want to play. If you weren’t looking for attention you wouldn’t make a silly post like this.

7 Likes

"Some silly flight simulator " airliners pilot are “real airliner pilots” who know that they are often recommended to activating the autopilot as soon as possible to save as much as possible on consumption.

Autopilot is engaged soon after takeoff and remains engaged until just before landing(Apart from exceptional situations or significant course changes). But I wouldn’t want to ruin anyone’s day by saying that.

5 Likes

See…. That’s my point exactly! I don’t believe what I said or even care. I’m happy that’s what is being done. I just wanted to make a point that everything has both sides. So thank you for that.

People could download a car mod for the “Flight Simulator” and drive it around. Hell they could put a car in the marketplace. I wouldn’t care one iota. I would laugh it off and move on to doing what I like as it doesn’t effect my life in the slightest.

Now look, we are all human. We need to start being more inclusive and less segregationist. I just want people to think before speaking/posting.

5 Likes

very well said. thank you

1 Like

At the end of the day these aircraft you’re referring to are being made by 3rd parties. It’s up to them to decide what they like to make and what they would be able to add value to.

They are not going to make something just because that’s what people want. That rarely ends well.

What is your priority is most likely very different to someone else’s.

5 Likes

Developers will make the aircraft that please them and that they think will sell.

Your opinion on what aircraft the sim “needs” is worth no more than anyone else’s.

I personally haven’t the slightest interest in either modern military aircraft or commercial aircraft, but will take all of the historic GA aircraft I can get.

1 Like

I agree that devs can make what they want, but MS chooses what goes on the storefront.

I also agree there should be something for everyone.

This is why it is frustrating that the F-14 and F-15 get released but neither of the JF arrows or the Seneca V as stated several weeks ago - especially lame for Xbox users who didn’t get the Corsair as well and we all missed the Ju 52 which got pushed.

2 Likes

Solution: Like anything else…Don’t like, don’t buy. That simple. Wow…

7 Likes

Your opinion
Mine is it needs more GA aircraft… so that’s what it will be because I said so

2 Likes

Which would you rather fly a 100 million dollar airliner or 500 million dollar-78 billion dollar aircraft?

2 Likes

Hello,
Since this is about third-party aircraft, I have moved this to Third Party Addon Discussion.

Now it’s third tier conversation .

1 Like

I agree…

I have never understood the hype behind military aircraft in a civil sim, especially without weapons / defense / damage modelling. DCS puts so much effort into these type of aircraft and that is the best sim for warbirds IMO.

I am really shocked that there are not more offerings in the GA / LSA segment for MSFS after a year. The 3PD aircraft have been underwhelming / disappointing, but who knows what is coming over the next few years.

For right now, the default aircraft will have to do for me.

3 Likes

Personally, I have the most hours since last August in the 787-10, lately made infinitely better with teh Heavy Division mod. But I’ve had TREMENDOUS fun in the last 3 weeks with the DC Designs F-14. Given the almost-perfect complexity/fun ratio they have gone for with the Tomcat, I am VERY excited to see how their Concorde turns out when its ready and unless it flubs badly, it will be an instant buy for me. At the same time, the soon-to-be released Flying Iron P-38 looks like a joy as well. It’s good to have options.

The bottom line here is what I tell people all the time: no one gets to tell someone else how to have fun.

7 Likes

I always thought we have enough GA aircraft and have a lack of verity regarding regional Aircraft thankfully the upcoming atr will help like you should have at least a regional jet and like the erj 145 and a couple of turboprop airlines along with like a cargo military aircraft and one fighter jet at hand to improve some default traffic

Hey you bring up great points! Destroyer from Flightsim.TO Has a great free C17 in sim if you have the time to check it out! On regards to this challenging topic- Yes… DCS is better for combat. But! We aren’t here for combat and it even says so in the marketplace’s terms of not allowing weapons of any kind in the game. When it comes to the argument that all military aircraft should not be made for MSFS? I strongly disagree. Look at what the team from Aero Dynamics has accomplished so far. The KC-10 will be way better suited for MSFS due to the nature of refueling missions. The missions in real life take up vast amounts of distance and mission profiles impossible to replicate on the tiny maps of DCS:World.

1 Like