Whats wrong with the mouse inside the cockpit?

today i reported this also on zendesk, i think they need a little push! :wink:

5 Likes

Omg thanks. Thats way better than everything else.

1 Like

I’ve been following a similar format with a workaround, yet still very annoying.

1. I use the “toggle cockpit freelook” setting with mid-click mouse button under cockpit camera. I also have it set as button 3 on my TCA Sidestick.

2. Since I have saved views, I click the button for freelook. I get the change in zoom. If I hit the preset saved pilot view button on my TCA, I go back to the correct view and zoom level and freelook is still enabled.

Problem with all of this is as soon as you exit freelook, I have to repeat steps 1 and 2 again.

Closing the gap to maturity on this platform will be a slow road if we keep having regression bugs like this creeping in with each release.

After the update, toggle cockpit freelook resets the cockpit zoom. I spent hours trying to find a solution to this with no result. Game is not playable until this gets resolved. I have even wiped all files and done a complete re-install but still have the same issue. Hoping for a hotfix.

This bug is not due to a corrupt mouse profile. Before the update, pressing “toggle cockpit freelook” would not reset zoom to 50%. After the update it does. This is true even when all other inputs like “toggle cockpit focus”, or “toggle cockpit instrument view” are disabled. I have even tried clearing all game files and done a complete re-install after update and back to default controls, so it is not due to a corrupt mouse profile. Keep in mind that the “toggle cockpit freelook (hold)” key still works, but some of us don’t like to have the button held down all the time. Finally if “toggle cockpit freelook” is not bound, the world map cannot be dragged around. Its quite the annoying bug after the update.

1 Like

I have no idea whether clicking the wheel resets my zoom, it throws the camera outside the plane and swaps the X and Y axes so as well as being unusable it’s uncontrollable. I had decided not to bother with the sim again until this gets patched, but I’ll dive in and see what I can do with “toggle cockpit freelook (hold)” (assuming all the settings haven’t reverted again).

1 Like

Heeey! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2::slightly_smiling_face:
You got me wrong on that detail - there ain’t no corruption stuff regarding that issue and I’ve tried to explain that it is not a bug at all. It’s around a dozen of control modes and simvars left unfinished since 2019.
So they’ve fixed a lot of those, then reset all of the UX - users confused and issues ensue.
So there’s that.

Would like to correct you here. The “toggle cockpit freelook" doesn’t have anything to do with the globe not rotating - it rotates even if you completely wipe every command since it is part of a hardcoded UX.

For reasons beyond the scope of my reply at present, in cases (turns out majority of users) where mouse profile contains certain axes and buttons assigned to certain commands, whole control templates for that mouse profile definitions ended up with parse erro…well those are technically not errors, but the formatting logic and now obsolete controls.

This is what I was talking about when mentioning corruptions…

Anyway!
You read what I wrote about it?
No need to revert to default profile, I gave the solution. It is the real and the single best solution that end users can use for the globe thing.

Well, honestly…I did not care if some will not like it… It was, like, to try and recommend something alternative and potentially okay for this mouse profile situation.
I am happy if I helped with it - while those uncomfortable with it I truly hope to find something cool that suits them as soon as possible…so that we all happily get back and…

…cya in the virtual skies ! :airplane: :wave:t2::tophat: :small_airplane:

Not sure if this has already been addressed but for those of you who have the issue of the middle mouse button resetting the view, there is a simple workaround.
MSFS SIM UPDATE 7: FIX FOR MIDDLE MOUSE RESETS VIEW - YouTube

Jep, it’s a Workaround as discussed here in this tread often, but it’s not a solution… i think we need to Vote This Up and need to wait for a Hotfix!

They suggest rebinding the free look toggle to right mouse, rather than middle mouse. I found this out myself yesterday. They also mention unboxing focus mode from right mouse but you don’t need to do that.

Toggle mode only causes issues with zoom, and hanging with Next Pilot Position if it’s bound to the middle mouse button.

in addition to everything else with the mouse - it seems like the clickspots are misaligned now - you have to click to the left to get the correct function on knobs ( A320 AP )

Turn off lens correction in MSFS settings.

5 Likes

nailed it. thx!

This video must be a joke, this doesn’t help at all, all this guy does is reassigning middle mouse click to ‘toggle cockpit view freelook (hold)’ which is clearly NOT the thing you want, it freezes all inputs as they are for as long as you press this button.

It seems there is no workaround for this bug, and yes, it clearly is a bug.

3 Likes

:wink: as you can see in the title of the post it’s now logged as a bug!
i hope Asobo finds a solution soon and releases it as a hotfix!

let’s vote this thing UP!

5 Likes

yeah it is very annoying, but due to the broken weather I’ll wait until they fix both.
Even though this thread says ‘bug logged’ there is no mention of it in the known issues list

2 Likes

Same here.

Viewsettings are reseting after pressing the scroll wheel.
It’s a big problem when you are sitting on the right side as co-pilot.

And every inputs are blocked by holding the right-mouse-button. thats not cool.

1 Like

Excuse me but why isn’t this the second highest priority, right after “crashes”? I constantly use the mouse to zoom and look around and now it constantly resets the zoom and I can’t control the airplane while I look around.

Guys, please stop implementing more and more bugs.

4 Likes

the same happen to me

1 Like

it has not the second highest priority because most here only read and do not vote. so the thread unfortunately gets too little attention. it is already logged as a bug, but so far in the beta release notes is nothing about this bug is fixed! :frowning:

1 Like