Wheel stand and honeycomb

As for a tailor-made bracket for the TPRs, maybe contact the WSP peeps and see if they have one or if one of their existing brackets would work.

Yea have contacted them, im just a bit inpatient and spotted someone had mounted them here. Hopefully will be straight forward.

i’ll wish you luck then.

i love my flight sim WSP setup and also another, with a g29, that i use for driving sims

I use an old speaker stand for my HC Bravo, and it works great!

2 Likes

HAHAHA…thats a must!

Are you able to adjust the angle of your MFG Crosswinds using the Wheelstand Pro, thinking of buying one for my Saitek/Logitech pedals!

Although the WSP provides a solid base to mount them on, from memories of when i bought them, I’m fairly sure that you can adjust the angle of the Crosswind pedals, however they are mounted.

Edit: Perhaps unusually, it would appear that my memories weren’t flawed in this respect. :stuck_out_tongue:

MFG Crosswind - adjustments 1 - pedal angle and wall spacers - YouTube

Thanks for your reply however the Crosswinds do not work on my Xbox so my question is really about whether the wheelstand pro pedal base has an adjuster to allow any pedals to tilt according to preference!

Ah sorry about that.

For my WSP there does not appear to be any adjustment, although with the mounting being carried out by fastening a fairly solid but narrow metal strip across the two main tubes on the bottom of the WSP, there might be a way of elevating the back, or even the front, of the pedal base, with some “packing”, to create a different angle.

It might be worth asking the question on the WSP website, as they have been fairly quick to respond to a couple of questions I’ve raised with them in the past and they might well have added some adjustment since i bought mine.

Thanks! Will do that!

I’ve got the very same setup without the bravo, and I wonder how much space this occupies once folded. I’ve got plans to buy one and fit it under my bed if possible with the pedals & yoke installed so that I won’t hassle around for mounting & removing it from my desk but the height under the bed is not that high, around 20-25cm I guess.

Another thing I wonder is, how’s the durability of the stand, as you know alpha has some stiff-■■■ springs inside, so I wonder when I pull up or down the yoke, would I move the stand itself as well as a whole or bend it from the connection part.

Hi, stand is rigid enough, as for folding it’s not very compact as the rudder pedals can limit the Alpha movement and the yoke stand quite tall, may 60cm

1 Like

Your rudder is also Saitek right as far as I can see? When folded, ain’t the tube aligned in the middle of the rudder, where there’s more space?

Do you make modifications to the pedals base to adapt the Thrustmaster TPR or fits directly?

I realize this is an old thread, but since it popped up in my feed, I figured I’d share my setup. The only reason I got a wheel stand was because I needed everything to be lower down to accommodate the Tobii Eye Tracker under my monitor. My original idea was to be able to fold everything up and move it, but this setup is so incredibly heavy that I tossed that idea. I use the extra stand to hold my headphones and a powered USB hub.
I’m 6’6, so it took a bit of getting used to having everything lower than my desk. My knees still get in the way of the yoke at times, but I’ve learned to adapt to it.

Would a chair that can go lower help?

I usually fly in VR and I’ve often wondered if a lower-slung chair would provide a more realistic flying position, particularly for the angle of my legs to the pedals. For your larger personal altitude, a lower seating position might also help?

There are some reasonably priced gaming chairs out there, but it’d be nicer to get a single office chair that had a greater range of height adjustment, to preclude the need for more than one.

My chair can go lower, but that’s not particularly comfortable for me. (Especially since I have two rows of monitors) I learned to sit slightly farther back than I used to, which allows my legs to be more straight and keeps my knees lower. It’s what I have to do in cars, and from what I can tell I’d have to do that in most real airplanes anyway.

I guess the world is mainly designed around an average height of way less than 6’6", probably contributing to a fair amount of back trouble for taller individuals. It does sound like you’ve found a workable solution though.

Love your name by the way. Sounds most appropriate, given the content of your post. :slight_smile:

1 Like