When Aviation turns into Anarchy

Dear Developer & Community Manager,

What happend to the simple, sometimes stupid but working AI Traffic in MFSF 98, 2000, FSX in MSFS 2020?
Today, in 2021 when people control their live by giving commands to a ‘star trek like’ computer called Alexa, Siri or Google (does she have a name?) Asobo put AI Traffic in something which reminds me to a developers first coding steps
… just watch and fix it… please …

The AI Traffic waltz

31 Likes

That video made me laugh. :smile:

5 Likes

I think there is a misunderstanding.
This is actually already future proof. Only in the future, it will not be airlines, it will be all the electric kopter taxis and the flying cars. There is just not AI modles yet for those, but the bevaviour model is already in place.

Couldn’t agree more. Now with AIG beta released, it is obvious that FSX-level AI intelligence would have been more than enough.

But no! they set the bar too high (live traffic, data feed from real world sources etc) and they weren’t up to the job.

The AI implementation demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of dependencies:

• undefined traffic patterns mean they fly wherever they want
  • poor airport taxi maps mean they can’t taxi from gates to the runways
  • poor gate design means they can’t park at the right spots

The result is the video posted. Perhaps that live traffic thingy could have been an item in the roadmap for 2-3 years after release.

8 Likes

I really couldn’t care less if the other planes at airports or in the sky are based on real traffic or not. I just want airports/the sky to be busy.

Airports look depressingly empty, and seeing other planes while I’m flying is rare. Hope there’s a fix soon.

3 Likes

That video in the OP deserves a prize!

3 Likes

Agreed - and whilst you are at it, FIX ATC PLEASE!

(never gonna happen)

8 Likes

Brilliant video

1 Like

ATC improvements is the top-voted question for the Q&A taking place later today, so you should at least get an update on that topic soon…

2 Likes

Great editing and the music fits perfectly….
reminded me a bit of “the blue Danube” section of “2001: a Space Odyssey“

1 Like

I thought Working Title said they’re tackling ATC in the future as per a recent Q&A? (don’t quote me on that though…!)

You’re right, they did. (Darn! Now I did it, anyway.).

1 Like

That there is funny. Nice video! Appreciate the laugh to start the day.

Absolutely spot on.

Unfortunately your video just reminds me of what’s waiting for me after an arduous but successful reinstall. of AIG :sleepy:

Love it just the same, thank you for putting a smile on my face at 2:00 am. :grin:

Great video! Well done, and thanks much for the laugh :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.