When is the next hotfix?

Maybe the next “upgrade” will be a downgrade to give us the impression of “wow the sim is smoother”. They will give us a questionnaire to evaluate the update and we will give them 5 star because of the hype… but few days later, we will notice all the bugs, the issues, but is too late… our feedback was already given as a 5 star.

I think they will fix it in the next Update, and I think that they knew that Update 5 had problems.

A series of post-Sim-Update-5 CTDs after I clicked either “fly” or “ready to fly” compelled me to uninstall/reinstall MSFS. (It was not my first rodeo.) I traced the cause, circumstantially, to the Garmin G1000 NXi upgrade from Working Title that was essentially bundled with Sim Update 5. After I reinstalled MSFS, I saw the G1000 NXi available for download in the marketplace. I did not download it. Since then, I have not had any CTDs of any kind while flying with the “stock” MSFS G1000, to which the sim will default if you don’t download the NXi. When I first downloaded it, the G1000NXi went into my official folder (not the community folder). Before going through a reinstall, you could try deleting the G1000NXi from the sim’s official folder, or otherwise removing it from MSFS, restarting your PC, and relaunching the sim. I suspect you may find the original G1000 restored. Otherwise, you might have to uninstall/reinstall MSFS again.

When you say bundled, do you mean it was automatically installed as part of the SU5 updated process? I will need to check mine as I know I have t opted to download it.

As best as I recall, I didn’t take a separate action to download it when I downloaded the Sim 5 update. I don’t remember going to the marketplace to download it, the way I had to download all the world updates again. But I could be wrong. In any case, it downloaded into the “official” folder, by default, I thought. Prior to the update, Working Title and Asobo announced that they would be collaborating, so I assumed it belonged in the official folder, and thus was Sim Update 5 kosher. Sadly, it’s not, yet.

1 Like

Since last HF I have no CTD fingers crossed. :grinning:

1 Like

I need to amend my suggestion above. I’ve just read in a thread dedicated to G1000 NXi issues that if you want to delete it, you can and should do it through your content manager. I hadn’t known I could do that (never thought to look). It probably would’ve saved me a lot of trouble.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.