When will flight directors work when A/P is disconnected?

Title says it all. Following a flight director in IMC is one of the best features of any G1000 cockpit. Feels cheap to leave it out, especially when it is demonstrated the autopilot has no problem with a functioning F/D.

I have the same issue, bigger problem is that it makes the AP snap to the “centered” FD when you turn it on it’s pretty ugly

Yeah no update I’ve seen thus far fixes this.

FD works fine following A/P inputs but as soon as you disconnect it snaps center.

Something tells me they’re not worried about fixing it which is just such a shame. Navigating IMC and popping in and out of clouds is so much nicer with it.

The way it should be is the Flight Director IS the ‘autopilot’… the brains. It decides what directions to go to best fulfill the desired heading or course. Pressing the AP button only gives the flight director access the servos. If this were the case the FD visual guides would not look any different from when the AP is on or Off. but as it is now the autopilot controls itself and it seems the FD sort of mimics it loosely… Remember its possible to have a flight director without having AP servos at all.