When Will New Planes Arrive?

The turboprops handle and fly well, but the logic of how they operate is completely backwards to reality. Torque and fuel consumption increasing with altitude is just completely wrong. Luckily, the TBM and C208 have mods that fix that to an extent (at least the torque issue). That makes them more palatable. The TBM is amazing otherwise, If they can fix the turboprop logic, I’d be happy with it as-in.

The stock Bonanza is sort of terrible. Doesn’t meet any of the specs of the POH. Can neither do the speeds nor altitudes it’s supposed to. There are 2 awesome Bonanza mods. One improves the stock, and the other is a turbo Bonanza. Since I started using that latter, it’s quickly become one of my favourite planes.

1 Like

I guess what I, (and many others), expected it to be at least as good as x-plane 11 with the added ability to render all the scenery as photo realistic. That is sort of what all the hype was about from the herd of you tubers they persuaded to boast about. Sure the scenery is great some of the time and mediocre much of the time, but it’s certainly a step forward. There were a few who did say the planes may disappoint but only as an aside. Yes I’ve installed all the mods and they help. Maybe with 3rd party aircraft it will feel much better. Time will tell.

Anyone that reads what I write will know that I’m a huge fan of the Diamond Twin. With the DA62X and WT G1000 mods, she’s a sweet little performer. It carries more people than the Baron (as long as that last one is a kid), and matches the Baron’s performance while using much less fuel. And it just looks so much better!

For longer hauls or when icing may be an issue, I love the TBM. I can live with the reverse torque for now, but what really makes it shine is the G3000 mod. With the addition of Relative Terrain mode on the MFD, it’s much nicer to fly in mountainous regions when you know at a glance whether that cloud ahead of you might have a granite lining!

As for those glorified hair dryers, you can keep 'em. The only one I’m interested in is the HondaJet, but none of the dev’s seem to be interested in that one yet.

1 Like

So funny how we are all different. I can’t stand any type of propellor or most GAs. They are so slow, so basic and just not fun to travel long distances.

Airliners and jets all the way. We just need some more functionality with b787 which asobo literally didn’t build 90% of its systems. Just annoyed that we only get 2 airliners to fly (747 is just as bad) and yet we don’t have any solid new airliners coming any time soon.

1 Like

Tough crowd no kidding

3 Likes

I love these comparisons. I wonder what MSFS 11 will compare to.

1 Like

I haven’t tried so want to ask: what is your opinion on the adverse yaw these two mods generate when you try to bank them left or right without applying any rudder input at all?

If you’re on Facebook, look up Lionheart Creations there. Bill has put up WIP shots of his Trinidad, which he’s working on building as native for MSFS. You can also expect the Kodiak further down the line.

The same can be said about airliners. For me, it feels like an office job rather than flying.

2 Likes

The Bonanza mods don’t seem to change the handling of the planes. Just their engine performance.

1 Like

I don’t get some people at all. Been “simming” since the very first home computers, when I was in my late teens, and FS2020 is easily the best looking of anything that has gone before. It’s just released and will get even better as the years go by.

People are just never satisfied these days and seem to want everything, perfect, NOW!

I fly in VR and I can sit for hours in that Cessna 172, just floating along at up to 3,000msl and feel highly satisfied and relaxed. All this talk about X-Plane is just hogwash. I spent a small fortune on OrbX add-on scenery because the default in X-plane is laughable it’s so poor. Even with the OrbX scenery the roads were still like a joke from the '90’s. I dumped it and wrote off the £40+ paid for the sim and substantially more for the scenery.

To top it all the excellent vista presented to us in FS2020 comes with zero add-ons and zero fiddling with config files.

I set up FSX with tons of mission packs and preset payware flight packs etc to fly as some light relief and P3D with all my OrbX scenery add-ons (everything they have bar Scandinavia) to fly with Air Hauler 2 and yet all I want to do is fly FS2020. I’ve not touched those other sims since I flew 2020 in VR. Prior to its release I spent another small fortune on almost every Carenado model for P3D and they are sitting unused as I grin over Crete in my C172, even though they are my favourite aircraft to fly.

All this dissing of Asobo and their product is just petulance imho and pretty soon I’ll be dumping this forum and leaving it to the whingers. Those that have genuine issues, fine, try and get them sorted, but all the whinging and rubbish-talking is for kindergarten.

Thank you and ciao, babes! I’m off back to my Cessna :slight_smile:

edit: for those who aren’t doing that, I’m obviously not talking about you, so don’t get offended, I’m referring to the trash-talkers of which there are many in this forum (too many) and the people saying X_Plane is better - out of the box X-plane is nothing compared to default FS2020).

13 Likes

Cool that you’re enjoying it. Still has nothing to do with my original ask. Lol

Dissing asobo? Are you a fan boy?? Sounds like it…

According to a few podcasts I listen to often, the FS2020 SDK is still not at the level high end developers need to produce the same level of accuracy in their models that the do for P3D and X-Plane. That is my only real gripe that I guess many here don’t understand. I would love to have a Kodiak in FS2020 but if they can’t get the aerodynamics and engine performance correct, it’ll be another dissapointment. For all those here that think FS2020 is the best ever, I’m happy for you, enjoy! There is no doubt the scenery is excellent and flying VFR could be a great experience - but that is not what many of us want a sim for. We want the scenery and the great flight models, which is what many of us who are overly critical expected. I can’t wait for better planes to come out, but how can they when the SDK won’t let them, (according to reviewers)? Let’s hope Asobo gets what the developers need to them soon. If I didn’t like FS2020 I wouldn’t waste my time trying all the mods and posting here. I really try to be objective but I guess many of you take it personally. Sorry.

1 Like

Ahhhh, isn’t it nice and so easy to just put a label on someone, instead of taking a few minutes just thinking about what someone said. If you had, you would have recognized that JohnnyDioxin didn’t necessarily mean you with his comment but was speaking in general. There definitely has been a lot ■■■■■■■■ and whining going on lately, and especially in this thread.

So you think people who are defending the developers are “fan boys”? By that logic your attitude in this thread at times, and the quote above might appropriately qualify you as a “troll” …

But IMHO name-calling is hardly appropriate for anyone …

Oh and one more thing: The Aerosoft CRJ 700 will be ready shortly. And knowing Aerosoft’s aircraft I can assure you, it won’t be disappointing.

4 Likes

I agree and I’m keenly awaiting those add-on models, too. But there is flying and fun to be had already, despite what gets posted.

Look how long it took for previous iterations - and other sims - to “get their act together” and for decent add-ons to come out. I’m sure they will - but bashing the dev’s does nothing to speed it up.

PS - it’s strange when people support Asobo and the sim they seem to suddenly get labelled things meant in a derogatory way and assumed to be some kind of “arcade flyer”. I really feel sorry for any developers today as it seems to be a trend across all games and genres.

5 Likes

Isn’t that the truth :pensive:

2 Likes

I suspect that there may be a delay in the A2A Aerostar. The company actually owns the subject aircraft for the MSFS model and bellied it in on New Years Day in the States. MD (or CEO, or President, or whatever) and his son walked away from it, but it sounds to be somewhat unwell.

Can’t fault people for being frustrated which shows up as complaining. Let’s just hope for the best from Asobo and that they give the vendors what they need to get some great planes released. The market potential is obviously huge so not sure why they are holding back from third party developers.

1 Like

It’s the sorry state of the SDK that’s the issue. If even companies like Aerosoft (their CRJ) who are in daily contact with MS / Asobo and work closely with them on implementing SDK features can’t release their planes yet due to the state of the SDK, imagine how difficult it is for 3rd party devs that don’t have a direct magic phone line to Asobo.

There’s starting to be a nice collection of 3rd party planes available, but most of them are simple GA planes. The more complex planes really aren’t possible yet. Outside of the FBW and WorkingTitle groups (who both have the magic direct line to Asobo), no one has been able to produce a good complex 3rd party aircraft yet.

1 Like

Just wait until Xbox launch. You think we have a lot of frustrated complainers now… just wait. :joy:

2 Likes