When will the ATC and Live Weather be fixed?

My question is in the topic title, but I’ll ask again. When will the ATC and live Weather be fixed?
I’m still getting the option to request IFR on the radio even though I’m already flying IFR.

3 Likes

They’ve been an issue since 2020. ATC is especially bad. Hoping they’ll finally get it soon.

The latest dev roadmap claims that both of these are scheduled to be ‘fixed’ in SU6. Which is the next major patch. With that said, there are a lot of things broken with ATC so although they are suggesting that the turn around bug on approach will be fixed, I’m not sure what else might get sorted out. Personally I’d love to see ATC capable of asking us to decend correctly before landing instead of telling us to expedite our climb back to 22,000 feet or whatever until we are almost on top of the runway and then telling us to drop to 2000 feet almost instantly.

They’ve also claimed on multiple occasions the live weather is going to be fixed, but it never has been. It’s not just live weather that needs fixing though. Every time I use a preset weather the wind is always coming from 270-275 degrees.

Based on experience of the past 13 months, I’m not confident at all. I’ll believe it when I see it.

4 Likes

I’m not holding my breath, I have a quick check, see it’s still broke and go back to xplane.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. I would actually be shocked if live weather is fixed. The weather system seems utterly broken on so many levels. We can hope though.

They have been saying for a very long time that the G1000 fixes and ATC stuff is coming in SU6 and SU7. I’d love to hope that a few devs have been working on this stuff for 6 months, and we’ll see some serious updates to these systems, but then I fear that any major update like that is only going to be riddled with new bugs.

Before anyone thinks I’m being negative, I’m really not. This is what we have come to expect now. It’s not negative to assume that things will continue the same way as they always have. It would almost be stupid to think otherwise considering Asobo’s track record with updates. They fix 10 things and break 5 others.

3 Likes

SU6 will get pushed back to SU7…
SU7 will get pushed back to SU8…
SU8 will get pushed back to SU9…
… ad infinitum, et ultra…

1 Like

So they’re catching up then?

In some areas yeah, but then they went and changed so many things in SU5 that there’s now a whole new slew of bugs that need fixing. They also added a ton of new systems that need some serious iteration to be enjoyable to use which will inevitably lead to more bugs. Stuff like the obnoxiously large and unnecessary tooltips, white dot, totally unnecessary white boxes around all touch screens while using a controller, broken trim wheels, broken knobs and dials, missing geometry from airport buildings, etc.

I don’t want this to turn into another hate thread so I must point out that I’m not moaning exactly. I fully understand that the journey for this game is going to have it’s ups and downs, but I sure hope they take a good step back and fix the core sim before adding even more new features that will only add even more bugs.It’s so incredibly frustrating that it’s nearly impossible to have even a single flight where ATC performs it’s job even competently and it’s been that way since release.

I even understand that during game development there isn’t much point fixing a bug in a system that is still likely to undergo major changes but it’s still so frustrating to have to endure those bugs for months or even years until those major changes are implemented.

Every update I play for 5-10 hours before realizing that there are still way too many annoying bugs or badly implemented features and I put the game on the back burner again until the next Sim Update. It seems to be a never ending wait for vital fixes and improvements.

5 Likes

LOL Big time! :slight_smile:

FS2030?

10 character limit blows goats.

5 Likes

ATC and Live weather are better in X-Plane ?

2 Likes

I’m seriously worried about what they will do to multi monitor support to be honest.

1 Like

Based on the track record so far, I’m not overly hopeful. Then again, that’s been pushed back from 2021 to next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it pushed into 2023 before we ever see it.

1 Like

No but I can use it without a CTD :grinning:
And the Toliss 320/321 are a joy to use.

Both ATC and live weather are complex beasts. No other sim does then well. People need to be more patient and realistic. In all other sims you would be waiting several years for this.

Just, just stop. They get paid to do complex…that is what they do and do it pretty darn good too. If Unreal Weather, a 3rd party add-on made buy this one guy can get the live weather as accurate as it does, then SURELY Asobo can. I would use unreal weather more if the transitions were better. Maybe Asobo can iron out the transitions and go to a METAR based system too.

1 Like

It would be nice if MS could reach out to someone like HiFi Sim, creators of Active Sky for FSX and P3D, They could bring their aviation weather expertise coupled with software development experience. They could do for weather what Working Title is bringing to Navigation Systerms. I see them as a great bridge between the meteorologists at MeteoBlue and the software developers at Asobo.
Chris

1 Like

The problem that I’m having is with ATC going ‘silent.’ I noticed that if, for some reason, the frequency I’m on is used by two controllers, when I switch to the next controller, I don’t hear ATC anymore. Luckily my copilot does and he repeats the instructions, otherwise I won’t know when to switch frequencies and when to ascend and descned.

1 Like

I don’t have any CTD anymore… Are you sure that all your addons are up to date ? Your hardware ?
So, after you get back to X-plane, can you tell us how many minutes you lasted?
How many years did you wait on X-plane before having the Tollis A320 ? And you paid it 80 bucks…
I agree, ATC on MSFS is ■■■■■■, but it’s the same as FSX and P3D and I don’t see what to blame for live weather ; it’s beautiful, realistic and the best we never had (ok, the data are not correlated with the METAR, and so ?) ; I say that as an old user (since 1989, I think) of flight simulation and as an old real flight instructor too.
MSFS2020 must be considered as a platform. The best we never had. It’s not perfect : Planes are not good and the avionic is ridiculous. But, now, nearly all the planes have been enhanced by the community, for free, and the avionics, if not perfect, is usable, for free too. I’m confident that for the next year, we will have a reliable avionic suite and a study level airliner (even several, I think) ; less than two years after the initial release, which can be considered as a record !
Ok, I’m not happy either about the runway night (and day) lightning, the dark airports at night, the popping photogrammetry, the drawing distance of trees and lots and lots of things but I’m sure of one thing : it’s totally impossible to go back.