When will the next World Update be? And where would it be for?

If your theory is correct, I’m very much excited about the therefore imminent WU for Singapore (high-income area) :sunglasses:

1 Like

Surely Singapore amounts to no more than a city update, for a WU you’d have to include the rest of Malaysia and possibly the Philippines, Indonesia etc.

1 Like

I"ll take CU Singapore any day of the week. :partying_face:

And I most certainly will not say no to a WU SIN+Malaysia, a WU Phillippines or a WU Indonesia 2 (already got a bit of coverage in WU oceania) either.

Call them what u want. Bring 'em on. I’m ready. :sunglasses:

I hope they’ll finish Europe. That means Poland plus Baltic states.

And Greece!

Poland has been teased, but we don’t know if it’ll include any other country (or countries). Poland is the largest of the Eastern Bloc nations so I imagine it’ll be standalone. But the Baltic States are all small in area so finger crossed…?

I could be very wrong but i believe the European based plane that is used to collect data for Bing/Asobo was collecting Baltic cities a couple months back. I’m not going to name the cities but I’d imagine 2-3 Polish cities & 2-3 from other Baltic countries for it to be a general Baltic update.

But again, i could be completely wrong.

Greece, specifically Athens region, would be cool.

And any US spots.

2 Likes

There is a lot more than that in Europe that has been neglected.

1 Like

True. I was just disappointed when after the Central-Eastern Europe WU14 they went back to Nordics instead of Poland + Baltics which would complete the entire european “northern” region.

1 Like

The user base for msfs is primarily North America and Europe, so you can understand why Asobo might want to focus on those areas. That said, most of us probably like to fly in other parts of the world too and I’m sure they recognise that.

I’m sure many of us would like to see South America and Africa get a bit more attention, but there maybe some data limitations as to what might be available in those areas like DEM and detailed imaging.