When will the next World Update be? And where would it be for?

Hi there,
When will the next World Update be and where would it be for? Any help or Info is greatly appreciated. TIA

As per last June 2024 Developer Stream Transcript it will be in July but they did not announce yet which part of the world, see the roadmap slide:

2 Likes

I’ve heard hints that it’s likely to be Brazil. Don’t know how accurate that assertion is…

Brazil would be great. As would Greece!

3 Likes

Brazil would be great indeed!

1 Like

I thought Asobo said they could not do Brazil as the Government would not allow them to film any of the cities and resorts from the air.

It says Brazil is ‘planned’ in the dev list thing (whatever you call it).

Just to clarify, @JakTrax78 is correct in saying that Brazil is planned for 2020:

However, the next world update is still TBD:
WU17

You can see the full Wishlists and Development Roadmaps here:
June 13th, 2024 - Development Update - Microsoft Flight Simulator

Greece! Greece! Greece! Greece! :rofl:

Such a beautiful part of the world and one of very few developed European nations to still be without proper representation in the sim. I hope they consider it at some stage.

7 Likes

Be careful what you wish for. Greece would have a lot of water masks… be a shame if they went missing or were replaced with something even uglier. (i.e. Caribbean WU debacle.)

1 Like

They wouldn’t actually have to touch most of the scenery — just put cities, towns and landmarks in. Unfortunately, that’s not how WUs are done…

As disappointing as it would be, they could still achieve a Brazil update without photogrammetry like they’ve done with other WU’s. It would just be limited on what it would include, and likely would be more focused around POI’s, custom made airports, and terrain improvements.

1 Like

We had 2 USA WUs. I would like to see Canada 2 and Japan 2. (I think the Japan WU had the least changes over the default). Probably because it was the very first WU.

1 Like

WU17 Scotland, so probably UK2 (with a new London photogrametry ?).
WU18 likely Poland and maybe more countries.

6 Likes

Awesome to see the UK finally getting another update. For somewhere that is far easier to get data compared to the likes of Africa, South America etc. It’s surprising how lacklustre it is currently.

2 Likes

So the WU17 photo should be Glasgow.

The WU18 photo must be Gdansk, one of Europes absolutely top most beautiful cities! Definately deserves photogrammetry!

Am very curious if WU18 will be Poland OR Poland+Baltics. Really looking forward to both. But with Poland being crazy full of architecural gems, in a way I hope Poland gets a WU all of it’s own, with a standalone WU Baltic following.

2 Likes

You are refering to Jörgs statement that ONE flight plan over ONE city in Brazil got declined, and they needed to re-submit the flight plan, possibly causing a delay.
So Brazil + photogrammetry is happening.

I recall Jörg once saying Brazil was targeted for release in 2024. If the trouble with the flightplan hasnt caused too much delay, Brazil would still be the most likelt candidate for WU19, the last scheduled WU in 2024.

Oooh that is a nice catch, I totally missed this from the livestream (haven’t noticed that they gave us hints with pictures for WU with the roadmap).

Remember they mentioned that London is in the editing stage already and so therefore it makes sense, now I just really hope they will include Edinburgh especially (there is an ultra-detailed airport coming as well), or Liverpool/Manchester in this update.

Absolutely! Poland’s natural beauty is also widely underappreciated.

2 Likes

They have covered North America (multiple times), the rest of the English-speaking world, and a big chunk of Europe (multiple times). There are some notable gaps (Eastern Europe, Greece & Balkans, Turkey) that should also be covered, it is long overdue.

In FS expo they showed a pie chart with revenue sources by region. Based on that, Europe and North America account for 43+43=86% of revenue.
I guess everything else is very low priority. With some notable exceptions of high-income areas (i.e. Japan). I used to create/vote for wishlist items, but I cannot be bothered anymore, going against their strategy is pointless.

1 Like

Do you mean the coast with the spits and huge dunes? Those will be nice to fly low-n-slow along.

Or are there more hidden natural gems? Forests n lakes?

North side of the Tatra mountains is polish. The rest of the country seemed mostly flat.

1 Like