Where are the thunder and lightning...?

Agree with this 100%.

Post about a tree on a runway or a glitch within top gun and it’s ‘bug logged’ within a day. Consistently post about upper winds shifting and being incorrect for what, over a year now, not even acknowledged.

4 Likes

If you are referring to live weather, it has been for some time.

There are a couple of other weather related ones as well.

You would think it would be super easy to inject thunderstorms where there should be thunderstorms if they’re developing a system that creates global real world weather from real world reports. Lightning strikes are literally recorded as they happen, you wouldn’t think it would be so hard to have that data injected into the sim.

4 Likes

I saw lightning appear in my cockpit…

1 Like

I hope the pilot is fine? :slight_smile: Hope they fix this lightning issue soon. Also hope Asobo can make lightning occure from clouds that should strike lightnings in the real world. Like how thunderstorm behaves in real life. It will not help just by increase lightnings if they are not coming from clouds that should produce lightnings.

Oh it’s resolved?

For the first time in months, i had thunder and lightning during a flight. There wasnt a single cloud in the sky but there was a whole bunch of lightning flashes in the sky.

Had a lovely series of storms over India/Pakistan in Live Weather a couple of days ago, lightning/thunder, lovely

You are lucky I have not seen a storm or lightning for months.Just checked on lightning map and started flight in Behamas and not even a storm how disappointing.

1 Like

The only lightning I have seen in something like six months was inside my cockpit when I was flying at high altitude. :joy:

A brilliant flash would appear over my instruments, so I assume it was a storm below me somewhere. I never heard anything though. From my limited view of them, and videos I have seen online, it looks like they tweaked them so that they don’t fork horizontally any more, and just go straight up, and down.

1 Like

They still fork horizontally, though its definitely more rare.

1 Like

Too bad the sim’s weather system still can’t forecast/inject local storms/Cb clouds.

Satellite’s look (c) 2007-2019 ČHMÚ & EUMETSAT, borders: (c) ArcČR, ARCDATA PRAHA, ZÚ, ČSÚ, 2016.:

cebaky

Volanta’s “weather radar” look:

And how it looks in the sim:

I saw some lightning with live weather a few days ago flying from Miami to Nassau. Of course it occurred with only a few small scattered puffy clouds around. No thunderstorm cells anywhere to bee seen. Oh yeah, and the lightning was inside the cockpit as well.

4 Likes

SU10 BETA provides very beautiful weather rendition. At visual meaning at least.

Real live weather is definitely off:

EDDS Metar:
METAR EDDS 201850Z AUTO VRB04KT 6000 TSRA FEW007 BKN///CB 20/18 Q1021 TEMPO 30020G30KT

EDDS in Meteoblue Map

EDDS in the Sim:

2 Likes

Is this the beta?

No, I’m not using SU10. Perhaps someone with the beta can check if this has been improved.

I am on the beta and it works a lot better. But i haven’t tested storms yet. Weather fronts are usually very accurate. Eccept thst some cumulus clouds are overdone sometimes

I’ve never seen a hurricane with no lightning…we went from too much to none at all.

1 Like