Where Can I Buy Trackir?

Hi everyone. I’m looking to buy Trackir. I’m in Canada and I’m wondering where exactly to buy it. I see many of them on eBay and amazon that seem legit with the logo and the Trackir tag on the usb cord that come from unofficial sources or I can buy it for way more expensive on the official Trackir website, but their shipping is outrageous at over 50$$. Any suggestions or imput from you all ??? If the original is made in china and all the unofficial ones are from the same place then what’s the difference between them all ? Thank you all in advance and happy flying

I noted you tagged your post #xbox. Apologies if you know this, but TrackIR doesn’t work with Xbox.

I bought my TrackIR directly from them.

I just changed it. I’m on a PC !!! Thanks for the notification.

1 Like

Or from amazon.

Here’s an alternative to TrackIR. I’ve been using mine for several months now and it’s been great!

https://grassmonkeysimulations.com/

Still showing x-box :wink:

Not sure if you use Steam or disc version . but I use the viewtracker apps which uses a camera on your monitor .Works well on all my non steam flight sims like DCS ROF etc. You just need to start steam and the apps each time before you start MSFS. Its cheap as well.

Hi @CaptainStu7954,

I’m also in Canada and purchased a TrackIR from amazon.ca. That was over a year ago, though, so I have no idea if there are any still in stock from reputable sellers.

TrackIR’s website has a list of dealers, including these guys for Canada. That’s where I got mine.

i’ve used both trackir5 and tobii tracker 5. TrackIR is more precise but you have to wear headgear which I found too much of a hassle. TrackIR fails in direct sunlight including glare that’s at just the wrong angle. Tobii is still quite precise, I am very impressed by its performance. I’ve never tried it in direct sunlight. MSFS Tobii support is recent and on current patch I’m affected by an issue where I need to reset my head tracking position twice at the start of each flight for the cockpit camera to be in a reasonable head position.

2 Likes

Removed Xbox tag from topic. :+1:

Some posts removed:
@CaptainStu7954 @wilco3563
As a reminder, the forums can not be used for buy/selling. Personal information such as email address should not be posted in the forums.

@CaptainStu7954, you can update your default platform on your profile here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/captainstu7954/preferences/profile

This selection auto populates the tag field.