Where (in which folder) is the Flight Simulator . exe file?

As from thr title where do I find the .exe file for MSFS? I need to make link…

It doesn’t work like that any more. The easiest way is to follow these instructions…

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/616722-easy-way-to-create-msfs-desktop-shortcut/#:~:text=Easy%20way%20to%20create%20MSFS%20desktop%20shortcut%201,the%20three%20vertical%20dots%20which%20appear%20More%20items

It must be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe”.

Not if he is on the MS Store version, which according to the tags in the post he is.

Hi,
For me it’s:
C:\Users\ (User Name) \AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

but it is a 0 KB file.

Perhaps it can be found in C:\Program Files\WindowsApp which is restricted.

Store version is indeed in “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe”. If you enter the path in Windows explorer, you can access the directory. But be careful, messing with the files can easily corrupt your installation.
The path has to be adapted to the actual version with each update.

The approved way to create the shortcut is via the xbox app in my post above.

1 Like

Found it !! It is indeed in “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe”…then gamelaunchhelper.exe

Thanks!

One could also use the looking glas from taskbar simply type in flightsimulator.exe and right click ond the find and open up filelocation
You know you find the right directory when there is also all sorts of .dll files like coherent.dll

Moved to Community Support-Tech Support which is a better fit for the subject.