Where is Kai Tak Airport, Hong Kong from SU11?

Where is the Kai Tak Airport in the latest update?

I couldnt find it anywhere.

It’s in the middle of the city.

Oh. I already have the paid airport scenery for Kai Tak. Does this replace it?

I thought it was a landing challenge or something.

I suggest you deactivate your payware Kai Tak (or the new one from MS) as if you have installed both it won’t look pretty I guess

1 Like

You’re better off trying to choose one or the other. Having 2 of the same will likely cause CTD.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Not yet. I am pretty sure there is no other VHHX or anything Hong Kong related Add-On installed. I want to make sure first others are seeing this correctly before removing (all) Add-Ons.

Brief description of the issue:

Double runways. Looks like a runway on top of the other. But no other VHHX scenery is installed or was ever installed

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

VHHX

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

[/wrap]

What a great scenery of one of my favorite airports. Quality really is top-notch. High praises from my side for this wonderful addition. The only culprit though is as shown on the screenshots.

You have a 3rd party one installed given the default sim did not include Kai Tak

Moved to #self-service:scenery

It is default. It’s the one that came with the latest update (40th).

EDIT: OK so apparently the overlapping runway issue has something to do with Navigraph and was scheduled to be fixed with SU11. I hope that this can be sorted out. The scenery is really well done and would love to fly there, but this really breaks the immersion.

Anyone else have ground bumb issue across the end of runway 13 and through the ramp area.

Not sure if it a default issue or something conflicting with it.

1 Like

I have Navigraph installed. No duplicate runways. This is my approach from five minutes ago as of this posting.

But there ARE duplicate runways on your screenshot. Just perfectly on top of each other. There are two threshold markings, two “13” markings, etc… Try viewing it from the other side (31) and you’ll see what I see in my screenshot.

Btw. I have found a temporary fix. I moved the KaiTak folder into the community folder and added the Kai Tak file in the content.xml file putting in on priority 3 and that fixed it. I don’t know if moving into community alone would have helped, but I got this “tip” from the Navigraph Forums that had a difference scenery struggling with the same issue. Now I don’t know exactly what is going on under the hood. What I have understood so far is that there are issues with the new layering system in the Official folders that don’t apply to the Community folder. So I hope this can get sorted soon. For now I will use this “workaround”.

1 Like

Ok - I see it now.

I’ll see whether we can this passed up to Dev Team.

Do you mean some steps on bridges?

Navigraph will fix this in AIRAC 2211 Rev. 2 which should be out shortly.

Hi, I don’t want any Kai Tak, how do I remove the default one added by SU11? Thanks.

1 Like

there are literally duplicate runways. edit (thanks for the clarification further down)

Yes, it’s because Navigraph users are seeing Navigraph’s runways atop the new MS Kai Tak. NG fixed it in the latest AIRAC update.

will update now. thank u for the help.

This updated for the default MSFS sim users without Navgraph?