Where is the exe located?

I’m in the process of moving files to a new SSD. I know the bulk of the files are in appdata>local>packages, but I’ve never actually seen the executable. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, thanks.

1 Like

For me, it’s found in the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

5 Likes

Since it is a protected folder, 99% it will not work when moving that to another ssd. Best thing is to uninstall and reinstall on the new drive and move the data folder.

2 Likes

yes agree with @Cygnifick

The length to which Microsoft went to encrypt it, it’s just a waste of time doing whatever you are doing. Best thing to do is to start afresh

In a private server in L.A.

3 Likes

It is better to move it with the Windows 10 “move”. (MS Store & Game Pass, not sure about Steam)

Windows 10: Start, settings, apps, select MS Flight Simulator, then move.

So the exe is in a windows protected folder. Would not allow me access. So I reinstalled the game, surprisingly saved me settings. Had to manually move my community folder and manual cashe, and that was it. I did notice that the new version of the SIM gives you the option to install whatever aircraft you want instead of having the entire fleet in your Sim. I guess the figured it saves HD space. Having said that, I switched to a SSD and WOW what a huge difference in performance!!!

I went hunting for the exe because I wanted to use the icon for a shortcut I made on my desktop to skip the opening videos. I don’t like the Windows Command Prompt icon (unless it’s a shortcut to open the command prompt). I couldn’t find the exe so I deleted my shortcut because it turns out I hate the non-specific icon more than I hate the opening videos…

Hi
For some reason I cannot add a new topic but I can reply to messages so I have a question -
I read somewhere that there’s a way to start MSFS without havng to sit through all the videos at the start - the Xbox/Microsoft/Asobo adds -
I cannot even figure out how to pot a command line parameter in the shortcut!
Is there a step by step procedure anywhere that describes how to make MSFS skip all the startup videos?
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

I always advise people to use this exe created by @AmbitiousPilots

Although originally intended to skip the “press any key” delay, it has the advantage of skipping the ads (as you wish), and actually shows an intro screen when you start the sim. And easy to install, no command line etc.

1 Like

Hi @PaulyFSPauly,
For a shortcut on desktop without using a 3rd Party EXE:

1. Right Click on your desktop and select “New” then “Shorcut”

1. Copy the text below (all one line) and paste it into the “Type the location of the item” field:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

1. Rename the “cmd.exe” to something like: “MSFS-FastLaunch” (or whatever you want); then click on Finish.

And for fun, I created my own icon (.ICO image) to change from the default “cmd.exe” icon:

msfs-ico

3 Likes

I’m totally puzzled by this post, as the ‘press any key to start’ intro was done away with two updates ago. I would only expect this from a pirated version of the SIM which will not update automatically. Not saying that you have a pirated version but something is defiantly wrong.

The press any key does return when there is no connection to the server.

Thanks that’s perfect!

HI @FierceMP45,
I wasnt to get away from the ‘press any key’, but to remove the advertising videos that you have to sit through each time you start the sim.
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.