Where is the F1 Racetracks payware add-on?

I can’t be the only flightsimmer, that also enjoys race-simming… or am I?

Would love a 3rd party scenery add-on that would plonk down nice renditions of our favorite racetracks around the world. Doesn’t need to be as high detail as the ones from the race-sims - not asking for laser-scanned track-profiles here :slight_smile: Just something that looks great from a 500 feet fly-over.

Recently bought Le Castellet airport, which does make a fair attempt at including the racetrack next door - but I want Silverstone, Hockenheim, Spa, Suzuka, Interlagos!

1 Like

Might be possible to do actually yourself…been playing with converting sketchup models into custom scenery and seems to work mostly. Do a Google for using sketchup 3D models in MSFS and you will get an idea…need to use Blender but pretty simple to do.

Many circuits already are fairly passable from a VFR perspective. I have written 3 bush trips that visit the famous circuits of the UK, Northern Europe and Southern Europe. If you fly these you will visit nearly 100 race circuits from past and present. I know it is not quite what you are asking for but anyone who likes sim racing or the history of motor racing might find them interesting. They are on flightsim.to and are completely free! (Sorry for the shameless self promotion) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This seems amazing. Now all I need is for MS to allow importing flight plans into xbox.

My other passion is around autos and I love F1. Very early on in MSFS I visited the two tracks where I watched F1 races - Austin and Spa. I happened to save the screenshot from Austin and was actually impressed that the elevation on the run up to Turn 1 was fairly well represented in the sim. I don’t have shots of Spa but it was very well depicted there as well.

Some of these were taken pre-updates, some (Monza) were after installing a mod from flightsim.to

Monaco:

Monza:

Redbull (nice house in the middle of the straight! :smiley: ):

Silverstone:

Spa:

Suzuka:

Villeneuve:

1 Like

Great shots! :slight_smile:

But that’s kinda what I mean - I don’t want house in the middle of the straight, or what seems like office-buildings trackside - i want to see the curbs, run-off areas, grandstands etc! :smiley:

#takemymoney

1 Like

Yeah it is a bummer.

There’s Monza and Hockenheim on flightsim.to but not much else.

As someone else posted above, cota looks pretty decent.

Seems like we can add Sochi to the list - one of my least favorite tracks of recent years, but still… :smiley:

Hah yeah I saw that. Sochi is probably my least favourite track but I might just download the scenery to complete my screenshot collection :slight_smile:

This has got me thinking - I haven’t taken a flight over Baku yet, I wonder how that looks with stock photogrammetry.

Slightly offtopic: super excited to watch Spa this weekend!

now we need Saudi and Miami

I would love to see Bijan’s Islands and Boats mod include Miami’s fake marina!

1 Like