Where is the grass?

theres no word to describe better than an image, grass pop in and out just using mouse wheel to zoom in\out , a few meters of difference can completely remove an entire field of grass, wheres is the realism here? pic taken in the same place and time. All settings on ultra

Hm, indeed. I think there are two issues here:

1. Grass (and probably everything else, too) render distance is based on the camera zoom level, not the distance from the aircraft. (Pretty sure about this one – I mean, the screenshots basically prove it.)
  2. Grass render distance is generally rather short. (Not as sure about this one, but it’s felt that way while landing on grass runways on max settings.)

where is the realism of a “zoom” , my eyes can not do that :rofl:

I see in both pictures grass, don’t know. The only thing is, that the grass seems since SU5 a bit high, but for this we have already topics.

I remember an older issue that the details-circle around the aircraft is in the high-nord-areas much more noticable. May be it’s that. Possible you can share the exact location.

theres of course more grass you can see trough a zoom than with only our eyes, but in this case the distance from the plane in the first screen was something around 10 or 20 meters (30 - 60 feet), and human eyes can see an spotted the presence of grass at that distance, you dont see “empty” stripe of terrain when u looking at one field grass from 20 meters, u see the grass. heres another screen directly over the plane in the same spot of the first two

Please, tell me that your 64GB of RAM didn’t had the suspect of grass being scattered and de-rendered without it being used at all :smiley: xD

No matter of zoom though. You can go in whatever mountain area and compare what your eyes see to what those screenshots proves. In fact, grass now is unloaded way before it was before. I agree Xbox players might not notice it too much but we’re on PC, and I wonder why they had to downgrade this much our experience instead of focusing on DX12 support which already includes some implicit performance improvements in-tech. Once there, optimization is more a joke than it has been now with DX11.

Also it’s not about the countries, I have the same issues in the Pyrenees, which are at the same latitude of Italy, northern Spain etc.

I agree 100% with him, this is way too noticeable and all for console compatibility. I’d like to know what the console userbase would think if, to get better quality on PC they’d see their sim running 1080p 30FPS at medium detail equivalent. Both ways someone is mad for obvious and right reasons.

Not about complaining but mostly about quality assurance for a product we paid full price and seen downgraded to this level, instead of made scalable for consoles.

2 Likes

I rechecked it and I see no issues in zooming and grass… also in mountains I can see grass while flight.

we’d rather see a screenshot with a specs description and your settings than a sentence :smiley:

you seen my specs in profile :wink: … I fly all at ultra…

I flew somewhere in the montains and more grass as I seen, is not possible. But therefore I asking for the exact location where OP made the screenshot, that we can compare.

cannot remember, in iceland i think BITO or BISP but doesnt matter, i have the same feature in every grass fields

These are my Zoom-Levels ( mouse-wheel steps ). As I former mentioned, in special in north was a “details circle” allways noticable and there are existing topics about.