Where is the master ignition button in DC-3?

Me again. In checklist “String Engine” at position two I should turn master ignition on. But clicking at eye symbol won’t lead anywhere, and I searched the whole cockpit and found no master ignition button. Is there a master ignition button in the DC-3 after all?

It’s on the ignition unit between the mag selectors overhead.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, the Master Ignition button is the white circular button inbetween the L and R Magneto switches. It should have the text “Pull Off” on it, located underneath the Transponder section on the overhead panel.

2 Likes

Aircraft Manuals - Microsoft Flight Simulator

THX. But why does the checklist helper did not highlight it? Some positions aren’t highlighted for no reasons.

It’s the same as this

I looked into it, but I could not find the Master ignition, nor it is explained with pics. And since the checklist is buggy at that point too, it could be hard to find the switch.

No idea. I never use the built in checklists. I prefer a real POH myself.

There is a picture of it top right of the starting checklist page of the manual you linked.it’s the knob in the middle with the words PULL OFF on its face.

Probably better idea if there are pics.
I focused on description for cockpit. But even at starting checklist, no hint that the button (“Pull off”) means start ignition. This is could lead to confusion.

I dont own any aeroplane heaven products (except this one i suppose, but ive never flown it) but i have noticed a trend in overall quality if you look at peoples reactions to various releases, so this doesnt surprise me.

a little background on why its located in such a seemingly odd position, something i saw in a video recently. Part of the preflight involved moving the propellers by hand. by placing the switches where they are, you would be able to verify from the ground that the switches were off before rotating the propellers.