Where is the quality control

Yeah I don’t get how the physics are still changing from update to update… Across all planes. Think we would be tweaking specific airplanes now, not the entire game physics… dunno

Considering the number of planes, the size of the planet, the number of variables, how long were you expecting them to test for considering you bought a 60 bucks game?

There isn’t. That’s the simple answer I found. Most of the issues can be seen in less than 5 minutes. I understand 1 member can’t see them. But if there are 100 testers. Surely you will find them.

But for some reason I can’t understand they don’t release beta versions. Or they consider this as a beta stage. Which would be insulting. Because they charged the full product.

1 Like

After the first land I felt no good. After the second land I looked around the forum, because it still didn’t feel normal. So if they just do the landings on the fancy-schmancy handcrafted airport they would have notice it, especially we talk about handful people

Asobo are great with mapping/scenery/graphics.
Aircraft/aerodynamics/physics on the other hand…NO…I’ll wait on dedicated 3rd party payware devs for proper aircraft performance.

3 Likes

Just in case anyone in this thread might not be aware, there’s a thread about this in the bug section. Found this issue as well the day of the update and came on here to see if anyone else has and sure enough. This thread has over 600 posts and over 400 up votes. An FS team member said he reported it to the team:

1 Like

It’s disappointing it takes an army of modders to make these planes even work correctly between updates. (but i do appreciate them) I can’t keep up between the updates and keeping my mods in sync with fixes. I spend more time on that, then flying.

1 Like

I try the new TBM mod tonight and have no problem with an ILS landing at about 80 kts, maybe a little longer glide than usual, but otherwise it felt ok, so try the new mod, you can open doors and do other fun things with it also.

When I did my TBM flight, Mugz hadn’t yet released the update of the mod with the fix in it. It was I’ve since grabbed it. Just haven’t actually flown the TBM since installing it.

1 Like

Longer than they apparently did.

And I paid 120.

8 Likes

Im guessing this is your first flight sim. The size of the planet has nothing to do with the flight model. And a $60 game is AAA title price, from a AAA studio, and publisher. Something as immersion breaking as planes being replaced with hovercrafts should never make it out of Q&A

– Not to mention, it would have only taken 5 minutes to discover this bug. And im certainly not buying that it slipped through on packing the update.

9 Likes

5 mins at least. Is that too much to ask?

A320 flaps completely broken. Autopilot lurches off course. The one airliner that worked and they managed to break it.

3 Likes

Not even 5 minutes, an automated test should’ve caught that issue with the flaps.

3 Likes

I have 20+ years involved with software testing and have my concerns for what is going on. From our perspective I can’t tell if testing is missing issues or issues are found but decisions made not to include fixes in the release.

4 Likes

A quote from news announcement about the flaps.

“The problem was caused by a mistake in the build process, which integrated some incomplete improvements to the flight model into the latest update.”

Looks like it was simply poor attention to detail. smh

1 Like

They just don’t care. Actions speak louder than words.

1 Like

Basically par for the course

And from the thread raised in wishlists to plead for a hotfix now:

So…Jummivana hears us and will pass on our passion. Whether those that made the decision not to hotfix hear us…remains to be seen. However, whatever happens here…this will set a precident.

1 Like

Blockquote The problem was caused by a mistake in the build process, which integrated some incomplete improvements to the flight model into the latest update.”

Need i say more