Where is the quality control

Well they’re not managing that.

It should be totally irrelevant for us Users what “caused” the problem … testing comes after building (if done right) … and the Problem is oviously Asobo mostly doing automated (unit-)tests within their buildprocess and not acually playing their own game.

Unittests are important. But Sideeffects and issues that are so obvious to notice by even playing just a few hours makes their effords in QA look really bad IMO. No one who ran the new Version for at least 1-2h in different conditions could have overseen the new problems induced recently.

The question this thread raises up is (unfortunately) more than justified … if there is any (manual testing!) QA in place at Asobo/Microsoft they should really ask themselves, what these people are getting paid for.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Yep. Asobo need a team of people, just half a dozen or so, all with different hardware combinations, being paid to play the game 8 hours a day.

Hot smeg! I’d take that job right now…

I mean a as far as a hotfix is concerned I don’t really understand that method of well just make you wait till March know some people won’t fix it themselves, as far as time I had to got into all the vanilla planes and dlc planes I bout and re-adjust all the flaps and lift coefficientswhich took a little over and hour, not many people who are computer coding savvy are not gonna do that. A hot fix for them could take minutes to push out, maybe idk, just frustrated with this “minor oversite”

1 Like

“but ultimately believe that the better approach is to implement the fix and to then thoroughly test everything for the upcoming Sim Update 3 (coming early March).”

I usually complete the thoroughly testing prior to releasing new version of my products, not when they are out. All sorts of bugs can ofc slip through but this is a flight simulator, how can such a monumental thing like the flaps break and get pushed to a release version?

3 Likes

Me too but you need to speak French, which is a prerequisite i don’t have even though I’m on a beta testing team for a Dutch company and i don’t speak Dutch…

Thats the only plane at the moment i really enjoy. Without the mod it is just another airliner…

That’s true and I don’t think I could bring myself to learn French. Several dozen of my ancestors would be rolling over in their graves…

The thought of all this getting downgraded for console casuals keeps me awake at night…

1 Like

The thought of console is pretty bad, with the flaps situation i’d imagine they would have to push a hotfix since console won’t be able to alter their files

1 Like

This is the good part of consoles coming: no mods saving their day for free

2 Likes

I’m so tired of checking the forums after each patch to see what is broken. The game’s been out so long now I can’t believe it’s still such a volatile product.

An easy remedy would be just making updates optional, so if I have a few hours on a Wednesday it isn’t spent waiting for a patch download, and then even worse this time - have a physics breaking bug with the flaps. This is one bug I just am dumbfounded even shipped. Makes them look like complete clowns

1 Like

I think this will (unfortunately ) never happen … as keeping a seperate server-side installation (with potentially a seperate up to a petabyte of data) for every single Version of the sim that someone may be still using, is simply not cost-effective.

The more important is it for Asobo (IMO), to finally get a reliant QA- / and beta testing process in place and especially stop favoring “blingy” scenery/content/eye-candy updates over well tested stability fixes / feature implementations for their base foundation of the platform.

MSFS2020 is already the ■■■■ best looking FS ever … now make it your top priority to let the quality of the base platform itself catch up with that high standards/expectations, the visuals already fulfill today.

1 Like

I use it. Still Broken :frowning: :pensive:

Well, with all due, it’s something on your end then. Thousands of us are flying A320 with zero issues (FBW mod)

all they have to do right now is try a landing challenge… lol

:beers:

I’m so frustrated with msfs 2020. I gave up on it for a month. Came back today. Airbus auto pilot still not working. Why should I have to install a mod for the airbus? Greats it’s there, but the developer should of fixed this month’s ago. Atc is awful. On if has me climb to 12000ft and then drop down to 3500 ft 12 miles out in a 747. Good luck on that one.

I will wait for 3rd party aircraft. 3rd party utilities such as an atc. Basically I paid for scenery and the engine that runs the program but have to pay for 3rd party apps to have the sim run correctly. To have an autopilot that works. I’m tempted to purchase prepared3 ver 5. However I have hopes that these bugs will be worked out. This sim has been out for months now and they still cant fix simple things like the autopilot. And the fmc is hopeless if you try to make changes on the fly.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.