Where is this?

Anybody know? I have stared at it long enough I need to go have a look :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wonder this too every time I see it. Adding the name of the location was apparently too hard for the graphics team lol

Google is your friend.

For those of you that would like to visit - Paste these coordinates into the search bar on the world map -51.121320, -73.671507 when you spawn in, location is just off to the left over the hill.

5 Likes

I think this is indeed the location but it does not match the screenshot. Very strange.

I just took this - looks pretty close to me

6 Likes

I keep meaning to find a replacement for that pic - thanks for the reminder!

I’m not to sure about close

In what way? I mean I used the drone and not a plane to line up the shot and its a little more hazy cos I didn’t spend too much time trying to match the weather exactly but the time of year or the time of day.

1 Like

@gordongreig the whole terrain looks different. Unless they used some kind of filter or edited the picture to make it look more realistic.

Remember that picture was likely taken with a much earlier version of the sim. We’ve seen terrain rendering changes through multiple release versions already, so it may be difficult to re-create it exactly.

Any difference is down to lighting I think. I genuinely don’t think you can really say the whole terrain looks different

3 Likes

Compare the lower right mountain/hill. Totally 2 different terrain quality

1 Like

Of course it is the same place. Gordongreig only flies lower and is still a bit too far away. And probably not everything is on Ultra. Time of day, clouds, even the date, also plays a role. Additionally, Asobo adjust saturation and contrast in their screenshots. See also my Japan screenshot:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/representation-of-mountains-fuji/303963/10?u=alexe75

1 Like

The second shot just looks like it is covered with more trees.

This looks like a great challenge so I had to join in (otherwise I’d have to get on with something useful…)

Here is my attempt:

Not perfect, and I discovered I can’t drive the drone either. Same observations - more trees; colors faded by the blue haze that was added (aerosol slider is on 0 too). Given the probably difference in season, time, cloud cover and the changes in autogen, it is pretty similar to the original. If you don’t see it, just squint a bit :slight_smile:

Interestingly, the haze does make quite a difference. I don’t recall any mention in the patch notes, but it certainly changed in update 2 or 3. Out of interest, here’s the same image with a ‘photo fade correction’ added…

This is the closest I could get it:

3 Likes

Omg! Is the same! @ArcticWolf35793 Nice pic!

LOD definitely changed :smile:

For the better :grin:

Yes, much better

1 Like