Where is VOXATC?

I remember reading on the avsim forums that VOXATC would be developed for MSFS if the AI system was sophisticated enough. So, is that the case? Does anyone know if work on this has been started?

For everyone wondering what VOXATC is, it’s a 3rd party ATC program which is (I believe) still available for FSX/P3D and has inbuilt voice recognition, so you can talk to ATC like to a real person, with correct phraseology. Apart from the built-in TTS voices it also supports Microsoft and other 3rd party TTS voices (like cereproc, Ivona etc.), supports both VFR and IFR, takes into account SIDs and STARs, and, unlike the other options out there, also controls AI aircraft.
So basically a full ATC package and IMO an absolute must have if you want voice interaction with ATC but don’t want to use Vatsim for various reasons.

Over 2 years have passed now since the release of this fantastic sim and there still aren’t any news it seems.

1 Like

You’d be better off asking the Voxatc team.

2 Likes

I have messaged them but I doubt I will receive any answer. I know from the past that they are not very communicative. There are some users in the flightsim community that have better relations with them I believe, so I hope this catches their attention and maybe they know more.

EDIT: Received a very pleasant answer from them. Really did not expect that, especially within a day. Here is what they wrote:

Hello

The MSFS version of VoxATC is at an advanced stage of development and should be available in the next few months.

Thanks for your continued interest in VoxATC.

Regards

VoxATC Support

7 Likes

I’ve been beta testing it and it’s great. It controls and communicates with AI aircraft. It communicates with the user using speech recognition so it needs a mic and headphones. One can also choose to use the First Officer for comms. It also works with AIG aircraft and flightplans. It is compatible with Navigraph navdata.

4 Likes

Hi Jay, that’s great news! Do you know if it is also compatible with FSLTL?

FSLTL has its own traffic injector, so unless the traffic BGL files are exposed in a folder, VOXATC won’t work with it. Basically, to work, VOXATC needs MSFS compatible AI models, and paints plus traffic files in either BGL or AIG format.

It does not look like FSLTL exposes BGL files somewhere (maybe someone can prove me wrong?). Perhaps the devs or a mod can change this in the future, we will see.

Any updates on VOXATC?

still WIP, they heve now a own Discorc Server for showing their progress and to answer any user questions: VoxATC

1 Like

Two new Videos have been posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZtVeKDHyns&ab_channel=RandomFSstuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ_U979m3dI&ab_channel=RandomFSstuff.

1 Like