Where I've Been, Where I'm Going and What I've Seen Along the Way

I have a map of all my flights: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1aHg-TLwhn5fTgT8rjh1Tnci0jNRIO7ur&usp=sharing

This isn’t to show off, I have practical reasons for doing this which I will explain in case it helps others.

Main purpose is so that I can easily see where I’ve flown and find new places to fly to that doesn’t cover much old ground. I video capture all my flights with BandiCam and the quality is good enough I can extract screen captures that look as good as the ones taken directly from the game (except for night time, but still close in quality). Playing back at 4-8x speed I can extract key moments and cool sights, which I compile into photologs (each route has one if you click on them). These logs let me review the flight and recall what I saw in case I want to fly over the same region but look for different things (i.e. there was a World Update or new scenery released for the area). Reviewing the flight video can also let me notice things I missed out the window while I was focusing heavily on flying.

I have a lot of planes in the hangar I fly regularly so planning where to fly next also includes when to fly next. Having all my planned flights listed means I don’t forget any and I can regularly check the weather and note good flying times. So anytime I want to fly I just open the map and look through my planned flights to see when I can go out next. If I don’t manage to make it in the times I listed, then I update with new times.

Flights are imported to the map via Pilot Path Recorder
Planned flights are exported from SkyVector then converted and imported to the map

I really wanted to organize them by plane but you can’t have more than 10 layers on a map so I had to go by region instead

Moved to #flying:world-discovery