Which is the best Mod and Livery Manager?

As stated in the subject which is the best way to manage the different mods and liveries which are available in MSFS?

Right now my community folder is a real mess.

Megapack manager, Is a livery a manager I personally like it you should try it out.

I use the MSFS Addon Linker. You can simply create a separate livery folder for each plane and activate that when before flying.

8 Likes

Making Asobo redesign this awful folder would be a real help :shushing_face::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Addon linker works the best for me! Really helps with making sure you don’t have preventable issues with mod conflicts.

I also use the MSFS Addon Linker. It works very well for me, although I don’t use it with liveries as such, just with lots of other types of mods.
Mark

like many of us, I also use MSFS Addons Linker

I created a seperate Addons folder outside of the Commnunity folder.
Within that folder I have seperate folders for
-Aircraft
-Liveries
-Mods
-Scenery
Scenery is further divided into seperate folders for each continent.

All of this managed by the MSFS Addons Linker - an excellent piece of software that has worked flawlessly so far.

7 Likes

I’ve only recently started using the MSFS Addons linker. Initially I thought what’s the point but as some addons are poorly named and my community folder was becoming more and more messy I decided to give it a try.
As per the post above I have separate folders for Aircraft, Airports, continents etc and the best thing is being able to rename all my mod folders to make them easily identifiable.
You can quickly (before game launch) add and remove any mods that you are not planning to use for that flight which removes the link and saves the sim loading all your mods which reduces load time.
A big Plus from me for this Addon linker

1 Like

Do I understand it correctly? I can not activate Mods in the add-ons linker while in the sim? I always have to restart to change something?

I think so. But I believe it’s the same issue if you just dropped a new file into the community folder. You would have to restart the sim to get it recognized. [this is my recall when I tried it a few months ago, perhaps I am incorrect]?

1 Like

I recently downloaded the linker ,but it won’t open up my zip file…I have the newest edition

Do I understand it correctly? I can not activate Mods in the add-ons linker while in the sim? I always have to restart to change something?

Any mod manager (and even MSFS itself) requires restarting MSFS when the mods are changed or added to the community folder. There is a way around it by using DEV mod in MSFS and then using Resync feature.

I recently downloaded the linker ,but it won’t open up my zip file…I have the newest edition

Sounds like you need to unzip the actual mod and move that you your addon folder. Zip files are just a compressed container for mods so that you only download one file instead of each file in a mod individually. The mod is inside the zip and has to be moved out of the zip (unzipped) to be able to work.

2 Likes

Thanks Guys. It is working like magic. Organized Finally

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.