Which is the Best Offline ATC software/add on?

It will react to AI traffic if you configure it to do so, but it wont react to players, so turn live players off to avoid them annoying you :slight_smile:

I import my flight plans by exporting from navigraph as copy to clipboard, then just pasting into the import box - only issue I have is it likes to change the SID and STAR, but that is easy fixed.

I hope the export function will work, I donā€™t like the go around using navigraph.

Or am I doing something wrong?

I select a waypoint for departure and one for arrival. Then I click on autogenerate and than I file the flight plan.

After that I click on export and choose MSFS20. It will generate me a *.pln file.
When I load this file in the world map in MSFS 20 it just loads me the direct route

I explained how to do it before, it works perfectly. I am not at my PC just now but will have a look later and reply to you with a step by step guide.

1 Like

All you have to do is get your flight plan from SimBrief. Then use the Load Function on MSFS 2020 to load it. After that try not to make any changes in the plan as MSFS tends to change the loaded plan if you change departure to a parking bay.

Load the same flight plan onto your Pilot2Atc using the Import function.

I have been using it for a few days and it has worked like magic for me. Pilot2ATC really takes the MSFS immersion to a whole new level.

1 Like

After creating fpl in pilot2atc with included side etc, press the export button, the window that opens displays the formats and locations for exporting.

I made a folder in documents called msfs flight plans and directed the option for p3d/msfs to this folder.

Tick the option you want and export plan. Close pilot2atc run msfs and choose plane departure airport which will then open the load/ save option at the bottom.

Press this then press load and you get the option to search for the folder you saved your plan to, in my case it is in my documents but can be wherever you put it. Choose flight plan and it loads with all waypoints sids etc.

The only way I can see you getting only the airportā€™s is if you save the flight plan in pilot2atc instead of exporting. Hope this helps, I know itā€™s very easy when you know how but once you get it working you will really enjoy using it.

1 Like

I use Pilot2ATC with Ivona and Cereproc voices (used it also in X-Plane) and I like it a lot.

Hi all,
OK itā€™s now February 2021, so which is the best offline ATC program now please.
I used to use vox ATC in FSX and p3d, I really liked the way it gave me a pop up box telling me what ATC had spoken to me and gave me the text I needed to speak to move forward, obviously for experts this could be hidden, it used navigraph data to stay up to date and controlled the ai traffic, so Iā€™m looking for something similar in msfs.

Read this topic first and then ask questions. :wink:
There is nothing new on the market then Pilot2atc.

I did read the topic, there were 2 up and running and 1 potentially coming soon, but that was last year, so I was asking if there had been any further developments or updates that made one stand out as the best, thanks.

There is a need for a realy good and users friendly offline ATC, but there are no developers who want to put there teeth in it. :wink:
For now the standard MSFS 2020 is the best there is.
Pilot2atc has an old and not so users friendly interface.

OK, thanks.
I think for the time being I will try the ATC phraseology mod.

Pilot2ATC interface is quite good. Whatā€™s more important you donā€™t need to interact to much with the interface when flying, because you communicate with ATC with voice, any other way of interaction would be highly unrealistic for me.

1 Like

How do you turn off the MSFS ATC off if using Pilot2 ATC? I canā€™t find it on the audio settings!

PF3 by Aerosoft is by far the best IMO. Takes some getting used to regarding setup but once you do it a few times its easy, and theres lots of AI voices that donā€™t sound entirely like robots.

I now tried both P2A and PF3 and honestlyā€¦both ā– ā– ā– ā– . A lot.

The usability of both is straight from the 90s. Unintuitive and both horrible ugly UIs. Way to many niche options that are not needed in 99% of cases but clutter the whole ui.
Both are expensive and P2A doesnā€™t even offer emergencies. This is a feature that is scheduled to be added since 2018 appearently. Pf3 has no Navigraph integration which is baffling and has such a convoluted stupid hotkey system that I am not sure if it is funny or sad.
And on top of that this hotkey system can only understand a US keyboard layout.

As much as the default atc sucks it does the whole UI thing SO much better especially when using VR.
Pf3 has a 192 page manual and canā€™t assign approaches automatically because it doesnā€™t know any.

According to the Q&A it can take quite a while until the default ATC will be improved in a meaningful way but I will probably stay with it until then.

And I really wanted to like at least one of those programs, but as good as the devs might be at programming the core atc itself, they have absolutly no clue regarding usability and ui design.

I guess for that to change new devs need to start like WT and flybywire and the old sims have to die.

13 Likes

Please select OPTIONS-GENERAL from MSFS menu to open the GENERAL setting form. And set TEXT-TO-SPEECH SETTINGS of SOUND on that form to OFF.
Alternatively, please select OPTIONS-ASSISTANCE from MSFS menu to open the ASSISTANCE setting form. And turn off ATC VOICES of USER EXPRERIENCE on that form.
With these setting MSFS ATC works just by hearing no sound, so close the MSFS ATC window during your flight.

1 Like

They are so outdated! :disappointed:

I know that MSFS ATC is not realy what we want at this state.
I has many things that are not working as it shoot by, itā€™s incomplete and has a lot of bugs.

But P2A and PF3 are so far back in time and not worth spending money on it.

2 Likes

Awwwā€¦ Itā€™s disappointing that a year has gone by and ProATC/X still isnā€™t available for MSFS 2020. Have they given up on it? I canā€™t find a peep about MSFS 2020 on the Pointsoft web site.