Which Monitors do you use for MSFS?

It’s not the size of the monitor that matters: it’s the aspect ratio. 1080p and 4k are the same aspect ratio: it’s just that the latter has four times as many pixels…

1 Like

No I’m referring to super ultrawides where historically the image gets stretched across the width and you get a fisheye effect at the edges

It’s more or less fine on my monitor (and I use TrackIR all the time).

I use 21" CRT.

1 Like

49 inch ultrawide curved 5120 x 1440

1 Like

Yikes! What’s the frame rate like?

What Do NTSC and PAL Mean, and What Is the Difference? (makeuseof.com)

2 Likes

All - Just ordered this monitor, with BH giving me half for Xmas, and it’s been reducing in price all year. Next year, new PC, so for now, it will have to be HDMI port, and hopefully RTX-2070 can drive it. My old one, hmmmm, not sure, maybe second screen since I know Laptop can drive two of them, or give to BH, not sure she won’t get sick looking at it, very motion sensitive.

49" Odyssey Neo G9 Gaming DQHD Quantum Mini-LED Monitor Monitors - LS49AG952NNXZA | Samsung US

Hoping it does not get thrashed in shipment.

1 Like

The Odyssey G9 is amazing.

Bit of an old pic (I have now have Honeycomb stuff and a new keyboard and mouse)…

3 Likes

I’m using triple MSI Optix MPG321UR QD. It’s very demanding, as they are 4K, but the DLSS3 is doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

Topic moved to #self-service:pc-hardware

Anyone here using MSFS on a Samsung 55’’ ARK ? I’m REALLY tempted to pull the trigger on one of these but want to hear someone elses impression of msfs on it first.

Currently using a 43’’ HDR 4K monitor and love it, but the idea of a 55’’ 4k HDR curved monitor is super intriguing to me! I def have the hardward to drive it, i’m a little nervous the 55’’ may be overkill and uncomfortable experience.

I have a Samsung 55inch flat Q70 QLED and it is definitely not overkill! The gaming features like 120 Hz, Freesync, & auto low latency game mode are very nice. I can sit as close as 2 ft from the monitor without issues. I would highly recommend Samsung QLED technology.

First, 27 inch curved AOC 1080, and now 31.5 inch ASUS 4K !