Which Runtime / OpenXR should I use in Oculus Quest 2?

Hello from Sweden!
I play Microsoft Flight Simulator from Steam. I use VR Oculus Quest 2. Which Runtime do you use?
Oculus OpenXR or SteamXR?
Which one is best? Pros and Cons? I have problems with crashes. Someone who should definitely not be used?
Tips to prevent crashes are gratefully received! Thanks!

Ok,I used to use Oculus runtime but lately link cable keeps cutting out and severe stutters/flashes if I do get into VR.
Today I tried Steam XR and with virtual desktop (which has had some updates) No link cable-wireless!
Best ever VR experience I have had in the last 2 months, no stutters no flashes smooth as butter.
Even if you have MS store version of MSFS,you can add MSFS to your steam library with this app=

[GitHub - BrianLima/UWPHook: :link: Add your Windows Store or UWP games to Steam]

(GitHub - BrianLima/UWPHook: 🔗 Add your Windows Store or UWP games to Steam)

It will add MSFS automatically, and just run from there,get steamVR running, this is for wirelessly playing the game. I havent tried the link cable again since don’t think I ever will again as this is mind blowingly better than its been ever in VR for me.

1 Like

Okay thanks! But I do not understand how to install the virtual desktop? Can you explain it to me?

Virtual Desktop is an addon for the Quest 2 You can buy it from either Oculus store or Steam store-Steam is cheaper but I paid more from the Oculus store.
It allows you to play PC games wirelessly with your HMD in VR (only VR games change to VR) normal games become like you have a huge monitor. You also need streamer app Virtual desktop will have a link that has to run with VD.
Official blurb
Virtual Desktop on Oculus Quest | Oculus Connect to your computer to watch movies, browse the web or play games on a giant virtual screen or in various theater environments. Virtual Desktop is a highly optimized, native application developed for low latency, high quality streaming.

Thanks so much! I will buy and install it.:+1:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.