Which sensitivity value feels most "realistic"

Just wondering what everyone uses for yoke sensitivity for GA aircraft and airliners? I find the GA aircraft extremely sensitive and touchy so I’m not sure what feels right. My sensitivity settings are -50 for both axis’ for both GA and airliners. Any thoughts?

It’s difficult to give you an actual answer unfortunately. The controls curves and sensitivity options are pretty poor. It seems the controls are essentially a direct port from fsx, which had the same issue. Back in the day I used to use fsuipc for control inputs as it was far superior. Would really like asobo to look at the xplane controls and dcs control mapping and create something similar.

Additional note - in the cockpit the control column doesn’t move 1:1 with your controls. No clue why, no real reason given. Other than that’s the same as fsx…

1 Like

All the developers I’ve seen all say their aircraft are designed with sensitivity curves set to 0.

I changed to this format quite some time ago when I read these reports from developers, and have been happy ever since.

Are planes still somewhat twitchy in some flight regimes, especially on takeoff, yes. Pretty much all planes, especially taildraggers, who’s CG is behind the main wheels, exhibit a sudden hard turn at close to takeoff speed. Asobo has said this is due to their tire traction model, which is only either on or off. Essentially, as soon as traction turns to off, the wind and other forces overtake all, suddenly, hence the issue. They are working on it, and I think said they hope to improve it by SU7 in one of the Developer Q&A’s. One way to help avoid the sudden turn, to a degree, is to feed in a little extra up elevator trim. And, avoid strong crosswinds if you can.

The good news on that front is since SU5, it seems like airport ATC now sends you to the correct runway based on wind direction… yay!.. At least it has for me a couple of times when there has been wind. Hasn’t been much wind around here as of late.

3 Likes

What do you mean by zero sensitivity? Default controls?

I think, set sensitvity scalar set to zero.
But it is also possible to setup different profiles, so each plane can be customized on periphal settings, i give these profiles the name of the plane, but make sure when u change plane also change profile settings when preparing for your flight.
IMHO,
Fighterjets or Reno planes have need of higher sensitivity setting so to +…% to make the plane have reaction quicker on the input given to the stick this way it willl give some stability to this type of plane.
, while jets give a little delay in movement with -…% to recreate some sluggish react on the yoke.

Cheers

2 Likes

What about the big radials p-40 Warhawk?

Please send me a pic of what you want the sensitivity settings if you can. Some of the planes i fly, if I want to turn and move up on the yoke there’s like a dead zone on some planes

Yes, a flat sensitivity curve.

You should find the P-40 thread and ask the developers what they suggest, what it was designed for.

Please remember, and I say this not knowing what fixes were made in SU9 (I’ve been out of the loop for a couple of weeks), that, as far as I know, there are still some pretty egregious issues with the simulation of the regime between ground and flying (and ground handling in general) as they develop the more accurate simulation model from the old very simplistic FSX model. So, until they start to integrate everything they are changing and get to massage it into a complete model, there’s not much 3rd party developers can do with the flight model. They’re doing the best they can. And learning, too.

Hello,
The SDK category is for people who design aircraft, airports, scenery, and utilities. I moved your thread into the Hardware and Peripherals category.