Which technically advanced GA and single-pilot business jets are "fully operational"?

Just wondering which aircraft, if any, in the technically advanced or single-pilot business jet groups are “fully operational” ?

By “fully operational” I mean all things that are supposed to be working, and in the case of avionics, working faithfully based on their real-world counterparts. I realize some non-essential features will be left out, but the features that are there (e.g. VNAV) need to working properly.

Please note I already have the Kodiak, Vision Jet, and HJet.

There really should be a list…

thanks

I would check out the Cirrus VisionJet or HondaJet from FlightFX. Both are in the Very Light Jet category, certified for single pilot ops. They’re rediculously detailed and most, if not all their avionics systems function (including VNAV) pretty close to their real-world counterparts.
Now, if we could get a few decent jets in the Light category (ie Hawker 400/Nextant, CJ3 or Phenom) that would be awesome.

Thanks - I have both, actually; both need the G3000 update to work fully, I believe, and am awaiting news as to when the aircraft may be updated to incorporate the changes coming out in the next sim update.

I should have mentioned them & will update my post.

1 Like

Based on the aircraft I have and have studied; this would be the list besides what you have.

1 Any aircraft that has the now standard Garmin g1000 in MSFS. Of course, before this it was the
Working Title (WT) G1000 NXI. MSFS default aircraft would be,
A) Beechcraft G58 Baron
B) Cessna 208 Caravan
C) Cessna 172 1000
D) Beechcraft G36 Bonanza
E) Cirrus Sr22
F) Diamond DA40NG
G) Diamond DA62

1. Asobo CJ4 with the WT mod. Updated flight management system (FMS) and working vertical navigation (VNAV).

2. PMDG 737-800, 700 and 600.

3. Fenix A320. I do not have this 3rd party Airbus, but I assume it has a fully functional VNAV.

4. FlyByWire A320 in the “experimental” version has a functional VNAV. the stable and development version do not.

There might be more, but these are the only other aircraft in MSFS that I’m aware of that have the features and functions you are inquiring about.

3 Likes

The excellent Black Square King Air and Flysimware C414 in combination with the superb TDS GTNXi are hard to beat when it come to realistic GA airplanes. The TDS GTNXi is based on the real Garmin software and works therefore like the real unit.

3 Likes

I don’t know if you would see the Milviz C310R as “technically advanced” but it is a great GA aircraft and worth the money for sure. Especially in combination with the TDS GTXNi it’s a great package.

4 Likes

The TDS GTNXi (I have the PMS TDN750) are great Garmin navigation devices based off the real products, however they do not have fully automatic VNAV functionality. They have a basic vnav function (just like the real product) after one inputs your final altitude, descent angle, and the waypoint, then the Garmin unit will count down the time to advise the pilot when to manually start their descent.

The FlySimWare Cessna C414 and the Blackbird/Milviz 310R are amazing general aviation (GA) 3rd party aircraft (I have both). The SimWorks Studios Kodiak 100 is also a great turbo prop aircraft and incorporates the new updated Garmin G1000 in MSFS. It has a fully functioning automatic VNAV system and is essential for me when I’m flying on the live ATC network (Vatsim).

1 Like

The update is now out, so your VLJ’s from FFX should be good to go as long as you get the updates from the Content Manager. Also, if you have any mods for the TBM, toss them out and go fly the stock plane. You get the new G3000 and even opening doors!

1 Like

My understanding is that they have to incorporate the changes and update their aircraft in order to get the 3000s updated.

From a Discord user:

“Very pleased to see that after AAU1 has dropped, the VJ is flying as good as ever. Now we will patiently wait for FFX to do their stuff. Take as long as you need. I know you will get the G3000 intergration right.”

1 Like

He posted a link what TAA means…

Thinking of the typical G1000 TAA I would say none is ready. Still way to many pages of the G1000 missing and even simple things like jumping back to the map by holding the button not implemented.

1 Like

There was an update for the Vision Jet waiting after I updated the sim. Haven’t flown it yet, but that next on the agenda.

Just a side, the “Working Title Mod” is no longer relevant and needs to be removed as of the AAU1 update yesterday.

1 Like

I just want to chime in by saying in MSFS I think there is a lack of single pilot/smaller high fidelity aircraft. Which is interesting.

Specially modern ones. The ones we have like the HJet and Vision are not made by the big guys in the business, no offense to their devs, but they are “middle fidelity” if you will. Kodiak might be the only modern high fidelity example of the kind of aircraft i mention.

2 Likes

As far as I’ve read, the updated doesn’t update those aircraft; rather, the developers have to incorporate the G3000 updates into them.

The CJ4 has always been the first jet in the new sim that’s acknowledged to be as close to reality as you’re going to get. Even more so now that the Rockwell Collins FMS has been totally revamped in AAU 1. Arguably, the Longitude is either a close second or now co-holds that lead, especially given the amount of collaboration with Cessna and attention to detail Working Title gave to the jet.

1 Like

Agreed - I finally got a chance to fire it up and I don’t see any changes in the systems. There was an update to the plane waiting after I installed the sim’s update, but apparently, that was just to change the manufacturer name from FFX to Cirrus.

1 Like

Hi

I am wondering if I am able to integrate with any built in small Jets Aircraft like the CJ4 or some other Jet addon as the PMDG has for 737/747 … I do have FSUIPC 7 if that going to help?

Best regards Fredrik