White Cube in centre of World Map when using Debug Weather Sim

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When using Debug Weather Sim, if you have Proximity Air Flow Visualization active and go to the World Map it causes a large wireframe cube attached to the centre point of the globe.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to the world map
Activate developer mode
Go to Options → Experimental → Debug Weather
Check Proximity Air Flow Visualization

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. See details in “extra information” section.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Using SDK version 0.20.1.0.
At first, I was not able to reproduce the error and I’m not sure if it’s because it doesn’t happen right away or if the conditions weren’t right to make it happen. After playing with it for a bit, I’ve noticed that the cube only appears in the western longitudes, stretching from approximately the longitude of Greenland to the longitude of Hawaii. It also only appears between the latitudes of Alaska and Cape Horn, South America.
Also note: Turning developer mode off while leaving that visualization checkbox checked keeps the cube on the world map.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Cube with proximity air flow visualization turned on over western longitudes.

No cube with proximity air flow visualization turned off over western longitudes.

No cube with proximity air flow visualization turned on eastern longitudes.

1 Like

@N316TS thanks for the additional insight, was now able to narrow it down to only happening when viewing the globe with the camera positioned between 0-180W Longitude lines, time of day itself is not relevant

1 Like

Ahh, yes, thanks! Not sure if I’m comfortable calling that 0-180º, as it seems to happen a little west of Iceland for me instead of Greenwich, but I will update my post.