White flashing in VR, Oculus2, VD

Someone please help!

Lately I have noticed a white flash happening in VR. It’s like one frame. I have seen previous posts about this happening in v26, but that was from 2021.

I am using virtual desktop so I don’t think I can use the oculus debug.

It’s possible I just didn’t notice this until I started flying in the dark.

It is maddening. It’s at irregular intervals, happens in one or both eyes, and is every 3-10 seconds or so.

Any ideas?

In the oculus debug tool, set Asynchronous Spacewarp to “Disabled”. this should help. I also have my FOV Stencil set to “Off”

Can I even use oculus debug with virtual desktop?

No, you canot use ODT or OTT with Virtual Desktop. VD uses it’s own fake version of the Oculus sdk, not the official one. Same goes with the Oculus Desktop app graphics setting. If your want to play with any of these you should give Link or Air Link a go.

The flashing is driving me crazy!

I believe I had the issue you’re referring to. If you’re using DX12 turn off bloom in your msfs settings and it should fix it. It’s a bug. Hopefully works for you.

Brilliant! Issue gone. What does bloom do anyway?

Interesting.

I have recently somehow found a lot of performance in VR, but I’ve had these white flashes quite a lot lately. Especially when the scenery is quite light, and the fps is higher.

I think I’m on DX11, but I’ll definitely check the bloom setting when I get home.

Followup:

Bloom didn’t do anything, but setting Terrain Cache to High from ultra seems to have cured it for me. I notice I had it more in less intense areas where my render times were lower.

I’m pretty sure it’s a frame timing issue at the root, so i guess things that will change the frame times can potentially solve or reduce this issue.