White lights at night above runway at Hawls Nest (MYE4)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

There are 3 white lights on the left-hand side of Runway 26 - see screenshots - I’m thinking they might be misplaced roadside lights? I don’t think this airport has any night lighting (but have not checked current airport charts).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

MYE4

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start MSFS. In World Map, Choose the Cessna Caravan, set the weather to clear skies, multiplayer to All Players, time to ~ 30 minutes after sunset (03/17/2024).
Set Departure to a Rwy at New Bight (MYCB), arrival to RWY 26, Hawks Nest (MYE4).
Take off & fly the route. It is a short 10 NM flight across the bay.
On approaching the airport, you should see the lights hovering above the runway. They are very noticeable on final & landing.
You could also probably just spawn an aircraft at the airport after dark to see them - I don’t think the flight details that I provided above are needed, but I’ve included them as MYCB → MYE4 was the last leg of a longer flight where I encountered this bug.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
i7-12700K (No overclocking), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5333).
Graphics Tab: TAA, Render resolution 1700x960 @ 125, AMD Fidelity - 150, VSync - On, FRL - 100% MRR (60 Hz), HDR10 - Off, DX12 Beta, TLOD @ 250, OLD @ 200, Motion Blur - Off, Other settings - all Ultra
Data Tab: Data Connection: All six options - On, Data Limit - Off, Bandwidth - Unlimited, Rolling Cache - Off
Developers Tab: Developer Mode - Off
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard, plus All WUs and most MS free aircraft.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU15 Beta v1.37.8.0, but I think this bug probably pre-dates this build.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes. Same issue exists in beta 1.37.8.0

There are three floating light globes along the left side of runway 26. Hard to see the other two in the distance, but they’re the same as the one in the foreground of the screenshot.

1 Like

yes

I have noticed 4 floating lights: 3 above the runway and 1 above a house on a side of the runway

1 Like

Look like street lights.

These are street lights. Sounds like a World Hub candidate for road exclusion polys.

1 Like