White terrain (tiles / textures) on ground

Hi all,

I am doing some flights between TIST, TNCM and noticed some of the islands won’t show correctly. They are showed as white tiles. Is anyone else experiencing the same in this area?

Hello,
I am experiencing this strange white texture bug near LKPR. When fly closer the texture loads and white squares completely disappear. Does anybody know what kind of bug is this and how to fix it?

Thanks
Tomas

Do you run with Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling on could try with it turned off as sure this was causing a similar issue few updates back. Have to restart pc after making the change.

1 Like

ok thanks, yes I have it on, I will try

Worth a try anyway easy to put back on if it does nothing for you.

I’m assuming have tried a re-install of the GPU driver already my only other suggestion.

so it does not help… white texteres are still present on the exact same places.
Maybe the adjustement of rolling cache can help… but these textures are white only in specific distance.

Did you try all the standard troubleshooting steps such as removing addons and deleting cached items

Last night, I saw a huge ugly white rectangle on an island west of Alaska, but this one stayed white as I flew over it. I don’t know if it was missing satellite imagery or what.

I have the same problem with some Addon using aerial textures. Before SU9 I didn’t notice it. Now it appears frequently.
I send bug report to Zendesk for this problem.

I’m having the same issues myself. Going through the standard routine and am going to try and isolate. I am finding them in payware airports in Hawaii. I singled out Hawaii with addon linker, did a flight, still there. Going to take it bare bones and test with no other addons at all. This also appeared for me after SU9. Same affect. I can see the textures, but barely through the white boxes. As I get closer, they disappear. I haven’t done a MSFS re-install in over a year. This will be the final step.

1 Like

Updated Geforce driver and I singled out the Hawaiian airports with nothing else in Community folder. White squares. I fully re-installed MSFS. White squares. Unless something went bad in the Official Store folder :man_shrugging: Almost makes me want to try the map mod we don’t talk about

Same thing happening with Aerosoft’s Paderborn/Lippstadt scenery. The white squares dissappear when you get closer and reappear again when you put some distance to the airport.

Something’s broken again, to the surprise of no one. :wink:

4 Likes

Something is broken. I fiddled around for days trying to resolve on my own. I did everything short of a Windows re-install.

It’s a known bug since SU9. It happens with some custom 3rd party airports having their own mesh adjustment or custom orthophoto. I myself have found this happen at Aerosoft LIME Bergamo and Orbx Prague LKPR. A temporary workaround is to delete (make backup or move) the CGL folder existing in the root folder of the affected scenery. Give it a try. I have sent a bug rep to Zendesk for this annoying issue, please everybody do the same. Thanks.

2 Likes

YESSSSSSSS!!! Thank you!!!

This totally worked for me. Renamed .cgl files to .cglbak and boomba!

So this probably means it will remain broken until the 3rd party addon developers fix/update it.

1 Like

Will probably be worse than that. If they can replicate it might be some 3rd party dev fixes. Probably stuck like this. And with some scenery like FSDG Rhodes, and Mauritius… The .cgl is whole Island coverage, as big as 5GB. Not too happy. The airports, the workaround is ok… for those, and others like it, nope.

I just had my first white square. Haven’t had any new things in my community folder for a week or 2

1 Like

This is fixed with the current BETA. Was able to put all my .cgl files back for airports, and all is working properly again.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

1 Like