White terrain (tiles / textures) on ground

Is anyone still have this issue? I started to have white squares on sceneries few days ago. Is there any better resolution than replace .cgl to .cglbak or this is still just one available for this issue?

This still happens to me all the time. White squares in the distance, then they usually fill in as I get closer.

I haven’t seen a white square in some time. I have also found there are other things to take into consideration, then just the scenery. I found that other mods can cause it as well. I can use the freeware google rip of Honolulu without white squares, throw Seafrontsims Hawaiian vessels in the mix, and there they are. I have disabled all seafrontsims, started using Ochiai Honolulu, and all is well. I also took the time to rename .cgl everytime a white square popped into the mix. It’s a pain in the backside none the less, to have had to do that. It almost seems like a gimme that some devs this happens. For me, NorthernSkyStudios is a just make sure to wipe out the .cgl on purchase

I saw a White Square yesterday around the addon scenery area for Duxford as I was approaching London Stansted. Today flying into Palma majorca LEPA a massive whits square visible from 20+ miles away as I approached it finally all cleared

I‘ve seen it in two places so far. LFLL Lyon with addon airport by Digital Design (which apart from that is excellent by the way) and EKVG Vagar (MK Studios, I think).

This is a known issue that has been on Asobo’s list for a while. It is affecting several developers. We’ve chased it, with an update here:

[BUG] White Aerial Textures - Questions & Community Discussions / Airports & Sceneries - MSFS DevSupport (flightsimulator.com)

4 Likes

I can not believe they didn’t fix the white square since all this time. It was not a problem in the first versions of msfs…

1 Like

Yeah can confirm, on my end over LGAV, LFBO and LKPR, all 3rd party airports. So annoying

2 Likes

Still get this, even after SU13, very annoying.

1 Like

Always the white square with SU14 beta

Still an issue, this time with Secret studio’s KLIA(WMKK)
Contacted Secret Studio and confirmed this is still awaiting a fix from Asobo

did you try the workaround, cgl file edited and shared on digital design FB ?

If anyone else has noticed this, please report here after you have removed any addons and cleared cache and report the area. Currently this is not reported as a bug, but if others can reproduce, we can move this into a Bug Report.

Thank you!

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

What area (longitude/latitude or describe area)?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: