Who load/playing without problem?

Apart from the USB connect/disconnect/sleep thing i have no CTD’s. Sometimes live weather stops working. Simconnect stutters.
Only bugs i have apart from that are with individual planes, logic not correct, AP, etc.

1 Like

8 Hour install, but no issues. Runs well for me. Not interested in FPS - smooth enough for me and enjoyable

1 Like

9 hr install, played daily since. no issues other than the bugs identified.

1 Like

About 6 hours total play, one (1) weird CTD when I taxi’d into a building. :joy:

I didn’t have any real issues at all downloading from the microsoft store. I had to enable a few things that I had disabled on my computer but it pretty much did it for me. I just had to agree to it and say yes. Seems like I have to log into windows now though which I don’t care for. I used to just use a local account so windows loaded right up skipping the log in screen. But everything worked fine. It downloaded fine, and faster than I thought it would. Installed without any issues and I haven’t had any crashes while playing. I did have to do a fair amount of tweaking and adjusting to get the best performance I could though.

Over 50 hours of play, no real issues. A couple of weird mesh glitches, like about a 3 foot steep transition from Norfolk International’s RW to the Taxi way (enough to stop the plane.)
FPS holds up between 45 and 50 flying Cessna 172 at small to medium airports with everything on Ultra. Using TrackIR. ORBX Innsbruck is around 40 - 45 FPS. In some weather, down to about 30 FPS. Occasionally I see Micro stutters when moving my head around (mostly horizontal, like to look out the side window. I have seen a few internet disconnects, I just keep flying and it reconnects. (that is my internet, not Flight Sim.)
What have I done? Nothing Special. I installed the 90Gb to an alternate location on my SSD. I installed the glass cockpit fix I got from the forum. (As well as the tree fix, but that should not impact FPS. I clean boot, stop all background processes (like One Drive). I use Afterburner to clock down my RTX 2080 Super to 1600Mhz (from 1980Mhz) and use a custom fan curve in Afterburner. I do that to bring the GPU temp down from like 72 to 52, but I think MSFS just runs better on a cooler GPU . I have no tech justification for that, but, it just seems… more silky to me. (I don’t see a frame rate difference when I do that, but it just seem happier.)

I am sure I would have different results if I were flying airliners from and to major airports, but I figure there will be some patches, performance will improve, and third part Study Level AC will soon be available. For now, I am just enjoying what it is, for me.

1 Like