Who's looking forward to TV-show Helicopters?

I concur! But do you have to knock me out? Can’t I be your copilot?

:rofl: :rofl:
Sure we can try but im a noob at this shared cockpit but willing to set it up
And we skip the knock out like it never happend

1 Like

Sure! Here’s a glass of warm milk to prepare you for your flight with PHSepp.

1 Like

:rofl:, i had to make a run for it but it sure was worth it, he did not even noticed

I know of 2 separate devs working on Airwolf.
The first one has a youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/@Virago25. The dev made already quite a good progress and it seems an initial release is coming soon.
The second Airwolf is being developed by Alan Devins, who made Airwolf models for previous MSFS versions like FS2002 and FS2004. Although there is not much info on the development progress.

Just a heads up: the new Cowan Sim MD 500E has two Magnum P.I. liveries (T.C.'s helicopter).

3 Likes

Quoting myself from the past, but there is this now :smiley:

1 Like

All the bells and whistles better include Mach One capability and -more importantly- the theme tune!

2 Likes

“Or the iconic Blue thunder helicopter which was an Aérospatiale SA-341G Gazelle with bolted on parts”

While we’re on the subject of repurposed Aerospatiles with bolted on parts, how about the Puma that masqueraded as an Mi-24 Hind in Rambo First Blood Part 2 and Red Dawn?

*Failing that, I’d settle for a bog-standard Puma as I used to get flown to work in them.

3 Likes

I don’t know about TV show choppers, but I had some real fun jumping out of a few.
Twin Pack (Thai mil) was a beast, but they all have their own character. MI-8 was in Poland.
Partial to that Huey (Thai mil) thump myself, very nice to sit in the door spotting with those blades thwacking away and then just drop off.
167609_493235431371_7640968_n
167734_493235721371_5978585_n
167035_493235411371_6197606_n
168425_493235511371_1380988_n

4 Likes

From one of the Hulk movies :grinning:
I would pay for that.

1 Like

Here we go, Cowansim just released the Bell 222! One of the liveries is indeed Airwolf, just not with the armament attached, but we’re getting closer :wink:

:joy: wow that’s takes me back!

1 Like

Apache please got milviz’s written all over that one :crossed_fingers:

Screenshot_20230521_173319_Google

1 Like

Hehe - I used to love that. Like a large scale puzzle room. Would probably cost too much time and effort for a production company to revive that these days. We only had 4 channels to choose from back then!

1 Like

Love that movie! It’s silly but has some amazing Apache flight scenes.

I think the original title is “Fire Birds”. In Germany it’s called “Airborne - Flügel aus Stahl” (Wings of Steel).

1 Like

Top gun of the chopper world :+1:

1 Like