Who's looking forward to TV-show Helicopters?

As the title says, i’m looking forwards to seeing movie and television series helicopters showing up in the sim.

For the younger audiences, (yeah, i’m 47 years), back in the 80’s there were quite a few helicopters being used as the main character’s transport and thus being turned into the foremost icon of the show. Nowadays there’s a sheadload of replica’s of verhicles used back then, because the kids of then, are now wealthy enough to buy their “iconic dream car”. Not so much for helicopters though… and as we now have official helicopter support in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, i am wondering where and when the first one’s will pop up and who is working on them.

I am aware of Gotfriends having a project of the Revolution Helicopter Corporation Mini-500, a 1 seater version of the Hughes 500D helicopter with a skin from TC’s iconic Hawaiian Tours Magnum Pi Skin… Still would love to see the 500D though :wink: And BlackBird Sumulations working on a Huey UH-1H, which is one of my favorites, used in Tour of Duty, but also in just about every vietnam era movie. (That blade sound though :heart_eyes: )

But i’m wondering if there’s any other movie/television helicopters out there that i never knew of, and if some bright minds might already be working on an Airwolf Bell 222 (and possibly a Bell 207 skin from Santini air, even though that support helicopter was a 206).
Or the iconic Blue thunder helicopter which was an Aérospatiale SA-341G Gazelle with bolted on parts… but i guess it might be hush-hush for now as theyd want their attention to the job at hand to get their work painstakingly right, instead of answering all of our silly questions…

In the Netherlands back then, i guess we did not get to see every helicopter series out there, even though in hindsight, we have seen quite a number of television shows here with awsome verhicles in them, be it trucks, pickups, cars and airplanes alongside the aformentioned helicopters.
I actually thank my english knowledge from watching these shows with dutch subtitling… as for writing, well, the do’s and don’t of the english written language are rather visible at times, hahaha.

Anyways… share your dream helo’s or skins and maybe we’ll see them one day in the sim!

Have a great day,

Steiny

9 Likes

Anyone (from UK) remember Treasure Hunt with Anneka Rice? That was an epic game show! That could make for an interesting puzzle mission pack in our sim, actually. If I knew anything about the SDK, I’d be on the case!

Awesome bit towards the end of this clip with a Harrier flying alongside them haha

(Not the best example of what the show was about but a YT search brings up some episodes if you’re interested!)

7 Likes

I’m really hoping we get a Hughes 500 like the one in the 1982 movie (possibly made for TV) Deadly encounter, which also has some crazy helicopter stunts.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083800/

1 Like

I had a Hughes 500 for P3d v4. Made by Milviz, as far as I remember. I wish they would make a version for MSFS. In memory of Roger E. Mosley, who died this summer.

2 Likes

The helicopter from MASH with matching livery would be great!

3 Likes

You mean that?

4 Likes

Hughes 500 and Bell 222 (and also Bell 206) are both on catalogue of a dev that announced they are working on helos for MSFS.

2 Likes

Well, shoot! I didn’t even realize this was a thing!

1 Like

Yes Airwolf and Blue thunder for sure!

1 Like

I live near the MASH film site. Here is a view from the helicopter landing zone looking down on the campsite.

8 Likes

I’d love to see the Screaming Mimi from Riptide, complete with random failures and plenty of smoke on every single flight. That Sikorksy S-58 is so frigging ugly, you gotta love it!

8 Likes

Looks like something out of that Pixar / Disney Planes cartoon :smiley:

Just needs some eyes on the windscreen.

2 Likes

Oooowww, that sikorski, i completely forgot about that one. (then again, i think there was ever only a couple of episodes of Riptide over here… yet i still remember that one.)

And yeah, forgot to mention the Flyinside Bell 47G. Already have that one in the collection, it’s quite a hard thing to come to grips with, but so rewarding when you get it right.

A couple of days ago, War Thunder brought out a clip with a set of new helicopters from Westland… that reminds me that the SeaKing would also be awsome for some search and resquemissions in msfs… exciting times are ahead, that’s for sure!

DCS has a great UH-1H transport and gun ship. The flight model is very realistic. But it lacks the eye candy of MSFS.

As a true fan of the series decades ago I would really love to see this bird back in action within this simulator.
Ofcourse a high fidelity one with all the bells and whistles.

9 Likes

Magnum PI, Hughes500

4 Likes

That brown on TC’s helo looks a bit too light to me, i remember it being very dark, almost near black-ish.
I was actually astonished that it was brown that i was seeing instead of black that i remembered :wink:

Very much looking forwards to seeing your dream helo’s in msfs!

1 Like

The new FlyInside 206 JetRanger has at least 2 TV show liveries already. And I KNOW more to come.

One is for a show I didn’t even know existed. CHOPPER ONE a 1974 short lived show starrting a Bell 206B and Dirk Benedict as the pilot. Yup, pre Battlestar Galactica “Starbuck” and pre- A-Team as well. His first TV appearance in an episodic.

The other one is a surprise. :slight_smile: The release is slated for the 23rd but may be a tiny bit sooner. Check our website at http://www.flyinside-helis.com for news. It will be available on MS Marketplace as soon as MS puts it there! Both are identical.

I’ve done some demo streams via twitch at Twitch and will be doing more over the next week. on the FlyInside discord server we are answering questions and taking requests. FlyInside Helicopters

Early adopters will be able to request a livery! Send us the pictures and we’ll create it. It will then be available in game for everyone. Marketplace release follows

I can’t wait!

RotorRick

3 Likes

That certainly is awsome news! Thanks for sharing!

Im not into tv show helicopters that much but i would like to see Murdock ( Dwight Schultz)
as the pilot and BA Baracus ( Laurence Tureaud) as knocked out co pilot in one of the basic sim heli’s

1 Like