Why am i getting a Mandatory Update when i've already updated to 5

I keep getting sent to Microsoft store to do a mandatory update. I’ve only just updated the latest No5 update. Done the Downloads and updates and clicked on Get Updates. And been told Good to Go so go back to start Flightsim and been told Mandatory Update so no update option Please is there anyway passed this as not wanting to reinstall MSFS and Addons :rage:

This is a hotfix update that you can read about it here.

You might want to do a search on issues related to the hot fix not showing up for download depending on what’s happening after you click OK.
Regards

I am having the exact same problem! Cannot get the hotfix and stuck in a loop! Were you part of the recent Performance Beta by any chance? I have a feeling this has something to do with not being removed properly from the insider hub meaning being stuck on 1.18.13.0. The option to opt out of Beta was never there for me.

2 Likes

You might also need to click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator app page on the Store, this usually “kickstart” the update.

Thanks, I tried that as well as in the past that used to get it going as you say but nothing working this time.

Thanks for replies Tried Your one Neo4316 didn’t work. I’m not using a Beta Version Habu2u2 Where would i find this Hotfix As you see from Store Icon it says play but when you get to Msfs page it says Mandatory update and i vhave installed Su5 update

Should be able to go the store home page, click on three dots in upper right, select “downloads and updates” from the drop down, when the next page comes up, press the update button. It will look for all updates available and download and install any it finds.
If that doesn’t find it, there are several threads here dealing with that issue.
Regards

1 Like

Only way I could get this to work was to rename my main install folder (Official folder) to
“Official.old” and uninstall MSFS via windows add and remove. This way I wouldn’t need to re-download the entire 127gb only the initial install files. I then selected install MSFS from the MS Store and it downloaded the latest version (1.18.14.0). I then renamed my Official folder back to original, launched the game and pointed it back to my main installation folder…PIA but was the only way I could get the 1.18.14.0 version to initiate from the store! Never had that issue before.

4 Likes

This worked very nicely for me.

Thank you for the advice!

SuperVertrix

1 Like

I simply uninstalled from Windows settings, as the main installation file is just about 1.2GB.

Once the game loads up, you can re-associate your original directory without having to rename or move folders around.

1 Like

Yes this works as well but call me paranoid lol I like to rename just in case it removes the entire game folder which I’ve heard stories it can sometimes do depending on where you have it installed.

MS/ASOBO seem to be inferring that the crashes relate to the FBW version, they are being disingenuous, for I get the same issues on their version of the A20 and Boeing Aircraft and the others that I have tried.

Hi mgk8544, where do I find the main install folder please? I can’t find it despite numerous searches!

Thanks in advance!! :slight_smile:

Default is within C:\Users<your name>\AppData\Local\Packages

1 Like

Thanks so much for your quick reply! :+1:

Thanks for this tip. Unfortunately my official.old folder was somehow wiped as part of the uninstall process so I had to re-do the whole 150GB download again. I should have copied it elsewhere in hindsight. Never had this kind of issue with MSFS updates before though.

Hi, sorry you had to do the full reinstall!

I think if you have the sim installed to the default location (C:\Users\AppData\Local\Packages) then removing MSFS via Windows add and remove doesn’t just remove the initial install file ( 1.2GB) but also must remove the main install folders as well.

I think if you have the sim installed to a custom location then only the initial 1.2GB file is removed. I have my sim installed to a different drive other than C so I wasn’t aware of this. In your case then yes definitely make a back up of your Official folder (as well as Community folder I would think) somewhere else in the future if you don’t want to have to reinstall the whole sim again.

Mine is installed to the default location and uninstall (from Settings > Apps) just removed the core files. The reinstall took probably less than a minute.

1 Like

Thanks for advice. i ended up doing full reinstall and added the community folder back in aterwards