Why do I have Duplicate Rudders and Touch Device that doesn't exist

I have Duplicate Rudder pedals and a touch device the doesn’t exist. In my Controls Options, the rudder has identical copy, identical bindings. Then My Xbox Controller, for external views, doesn’t show up. I also have a touch device which doesn’t exist in my space. No idea where these came from.
I recently reinstalled MSFS and I can’t for the life of me figure this one out.
I have Steam and SteamVR installed to run my Pico 4. My Game copy is Game Pass for PC.

Do they both disappear when you unplug them?

yes, but come right back. I filed a ticket and it seems to point to a corrupted cloud save with microsoft.
Bizarrely the Touch pen thing is nothing I’ve ever used.
Tech Support suggested a few things and will post back here with a solution for my setup.

The individual devices have a config file on disk, inside your user profile. I’m not at home to post the location, but it’s in the same folder structure that your logbook is in, inside a folder called “wgs”.

It might be possible to delete one of these duplicate folders, but if it syncs back again automatically it might be tricky to be rid off permanently, short of a full reset of the profile.

that’s somewhat along the lines of MS supports suggestion. I’d lose my logbook… currently flying around the world… strange thing is that my Xbox controller that i use a profile for external view cameras etc, not to fly, won’t even be recognized.
Thanks for the lead. I’ll take a look today.

1 Like

Ok, so following support’s 2nd email, I removed everything except k+m and Xbox controller. It didn’t show up. Only mouse and keyboard. I had a 2nd Xbox controller and connected that. It did show up. Perhaps it malfunctioned. Touch pen is gone, but then adding everything back in, the rudder duplicated each time.
Clearly it’s still hiding my profiles. I’m not seeing an operational conflict. Additional profiles on the rudder do not duplicate… strangely. When I plugged in the rudder, sim showed me 2 devices. So it’s fundamental. Could be the rudder firmware somehow? Will message thrustmaster with the question.

Did you find a solution for this?

I just connected new Turtle Beach Velocity One rudder pedals today and in win 10 game controller settings and FS20 controller menu it is showing that I have two TB rudder pedals rather than one.

Wondering if the installation went wrong or if the rudder pedals are faulty.

1 Like

Nope. It affects nothing. I believe it’s a corrupt cloud save and you lose your logbook if you reset it. So I just ignore it as it doesn’t affect my game mechanics. Turdle Beach classic quality…

1 Like

When I launched FS20 from Steam just before first using the pedals (but with the new pedals connected) Steam couldn’t sync with FS20 so I went into the FS20 root folder and just clicked the FS20 .exe file (I got impatient and wanted to try out the pedals :rofl:).

Before FS20 launched there was a notification that my game settings wouldn’t be saved. I just went ahead anyway and launched the game and started a flight. The pedals seemed to work ok and I quit the game. Next time I launched FS20 I went into control settings and noticed there were 2 TB controllers in the Controller settings menu.

So, yes, you are probably right. It could be something to do with the cloud. Not sure though why this could also have caused 2 controllers to show in the Win 10 Game Controller (Devices and Printers Menu).

I have a touch device too that doesn’t exist. Windows… cloud saves etc. It happened to me when I installed a Steam Version of the sim to see if it mattered in VR integration. it didn’t but left me with this corrupt save.

1 Like

I spent the best part of a day trying to sort it out (I don’t like giving up) even going into windows game profile settings (inc. hidden) and deleting every profile installation dated the same day as I first installed the rudder pedals. I ended up deleting around 8 profiles or more on that date (not a clue why so many). I was hopeful it might sort it out but after a new installation I still had two profiles in win 10.

I’ve decided to spend no more time on it. I now have 2 profiles in MSFS but just use one. I have deleted all bindings on the second profile.

At least the pedals seem to work okay. Could be worse :slightly_smiling_face:

Anybody had any success with this, I have 2 Turtle Beach Rubber pedal ‘Default’ devices showing

1 Like

Nope. It’s conflict between your cloud save and PC save. It really doesn’t affect anything. I just don’t care to delete my cloud save and clear my logbook and flight hours. more bad programming that will not be fixed.

1 Like

I have been having the same problem for at least 6 months now too. I installed the latest firmware for the TB V rudder peddles and every thing I have tried likewise ends up with a duplicate of the rudder peddles in the Controls Options. I’m on a PC with Win 11. The rudder Peddles show up a one USB device in the Win11 configuration. Deleting the Win 11 configuration, then reinstalling the Peddles does not get rid of the duplicate. I will just have to live with it until MS decides to correct the issue.

Can you not delete them using the controls profile manager?

1 Like

no, it’s related to where your profile is stored in MSFS and that’s in the cloud. You can delete your cloud save with Microsoft and then lose your logbook etc and then get a clean profile. I didn’t want to go that far and lose my 400hr logbook

You could backup your logbook using the Fightlog Analyser software, wipe your profile, then restore the logbook afterwards.

Following this as I have the same problem with the pedals, I assume all hardware saved profiles will be deleted in this process? Please advise, thanks

A profile wipe would zero everything, a I understand it, so that would be all controller profiles.

1 Like

yes, You keep the account but lose the “profiles” and logbook etc. It’s like a new install in that regards. It’s doesn’t take away the DLC you bought etc… but do let me know what you find out. I just feel it’s on MS or TB to figure this out because what I did to cause it is still a bit vague and likely will happen again.
DO you have any touch devices or pointers show up alongside the double rudder?