Why do some trees look like monoliths?

I am seeing some trees around airports looking like just big green and brown boulders.
Why is this and is it just the way I have set up the graphics?
Sorry if this has already been covered.

The autogen trees look okay. You’re probably talking about the photogrammetry trees.

2 Likes

O.K. and is there any way to fix this?

I blame Kubrick …

3 Likes

Switching off photogrammetry is the only solution right now.

3 Likes

use Bijan mod

1 Like

The seasons mod replaces autogen trees with seasonally (and geographically) appropriate ones. The issue the OP is describing is due to bad photogrammetry. Bijan’s mod should have no effect on that at all.

If I’m wrong here, please post some before and after pics to illustrate it. Otherwise, I’d call this answer incorrect.

3 Likes

You are correct.

Although I love them.

Bijan Mod does not resolve this.

Turn off Photogrammetry…

the monoliths are probably palm trees that the photogrammetry modeled as tall green pillars. Really wish they could fix that

It’s not just palm trees. You can find those tree pillars pretty much anywhere. It’s just photogrammetry that hasn’t been cleaned up.

It’s the obelisk.

Locate Wuppertal and fly along the schwebebahn in a 152 and you will see hundreds. I believe featured cities with POI’s get de-tree’d by AI before being included in the world updates but those PG cities not featured (such as Nuremberg where I live) still have plenty of green boulders. They are welded to the photogrammetry so I’m not sure that Bijan’s mod could do that without a heavy loss of performance, that basically means it has to be done in studio before streaming.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re everywhere. I don’t have the Bijan seasons mod to check, but I’m 99% confident that it does nothing for those PG monolithic trees.

wuppertal has also got some weird coloring in photogrammetry. like the trees suddenly change color to a lighter green in wuppertal. lol. but I was still amazed that wuppertal has photogrammetry. do you live near wuppertal? Im from Velbert, exactly at the border of photogrammetry scenery :frowning:

1 Like

Now if only you read my post properly :grin: However a while back my sister in law lived in Gruiten and we visited occasionally so I’m no stranger to the area.

Well its not me then so I am still a happy bunny…errrrr, I mean pilot. :grin:

At the moment there are only dozens of small places I have fixed photogrammetry trees. The plan is to go city by city and clean them up.

Here is an example:
Both of these are with photogrammetry ON:

Before:

After:

6 Likes

@bijanstudio That is pretty cool how you do that!

Quite a big difference and improvement.

Thanks for sharing!

Bijan does fix monoliths!

;o)

2 Likes

I almost thought the screenshot below was a photograph! Amazing! is Bijan available in the marketplace ?

1 Like