Why do Taxiway points and taxiway path draw a whole new taxiway on top of my existing apron /taxiway)?

I just finished building an airport, and was putting in the taxiway points as the last item.
But when i add in the points the Scenery editor seems to create a whole new conrete apron over my existing taxiway apron.

Why is this ? I just wanted the taxi way point or path. I already made my taxiways (but used apron polygons instead since i am copying the exact uniqueness and variations in taxiways in this one airport i am working on.

Do those concrete aprons that the taxiway points/ paths put in, dissappear when the airport loads in the sim ? Or does that become the actual taxiway apron ?

If ive already created taxiways using apron polygons, do i even need to use taxiway points and paths ?

Get the properties of the taxi paths up and uncheck the draw surface option.

1 Like

As a starter in this area which way is better?

1. make the taxi way paths and points map out the route or
  2. apron the lot and use painted lines then path over for AI movement

regards
Tradari

#1 is less time intensive but is more generic looking. I made my first airport and went with #2, but it took a long time. Next time i will likely go with the 1st method, unless i really want to copy the exact taxiway shapes at certain airports, in which case i will use the apron default feature to draw them exactly.